[#5996] Odd problem in JEvents, that seems to be caused by ComProfiler

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282066 by fribse2011
Hi guys

I have a calendar component from JEvents in my frontpage of our diving club site.
When I use that calendar and go to 'next month' I get an error.
I've gotten this explanation from them:
"the problem is com_profiler is adding javascript to our JSON reply, which should be clean JSON data. You should contact Community Builder to ask them to fix this. JSON views should not be affected by other plugins as this is the case."
How can I help you fix this?

Best regards
Kenneth

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #282075 by krileon
We need proof of CB doing this. Basically provide the JSON where CB is outputting something. We don't have anything that does this that I'm aware of.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #282081 by fribse2011
Hi Kyle

They've sent me this attached file.

I can also give you access to our site, so you can see the 'action' for yourself, but that of course has to be in a PM or the like.

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282131 by krileon
That shouldn't be loading in JEvents at all unless JEvents is using CBs tab API during their JSON handling. We also do not output headers for format=raw which is what should be used for ajax responses so the issue could be with their ajax URL. If they're using format=json then Joomla will still output headers and we've no specific handling in CB to stop this at this time. Please provide the URL with domain removed for the ajax request.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #282149 by fribse2011
Hi Krileon

I've PM'ed you the info for the superuser.

The problem can be seen on the frontend, the calendar showning at the left.

If you log in to the frontend with MY credentials.
Then click on the small arrow to view the next months calendar, then it shows the error.

Best regards
Fribse

7 years 10 months ago #282174 by krileon
Ok, they're using format=json and not format=raw. We've no header handling for format=json. Have added a bug ticket to look into removing header output when format is json. This should've already been the case as we're only supposed to output headers for HTML responses.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5996

Will try to have a fix for new nightly today.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn