Can User List have links to files uploaded?

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #284969 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Can User List have links to files uploaded?
Thanks! I have figured it out and got it displayed in the Public view.
Was some conditional that I had set to tabs/fields that caused it.

But, now when the link is clicked, it shows that "You are not authorised to view this page."
How can the file URL be clicked and pop up as a document for download/view, without having to log in and access?

krileon wrote: Your first screenshot looks fine. Your second screenshot looks like purely an access issue. If you're viewing the userlist while logged out then ensure the tab that field is on is publicly accessible. If you've CB Privacy installed ensure it's not being protected by privacy controls if you want it publicly accessible. It's just a standard HTML link so there's nothing special about its display that would cause any sort of complicated issues beyond access permission.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #284990 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can User List have links to files uploaded?
The fields access is entirely based off the tab access and the profile access. If the profile and that tab can be accessed by a public user then they can download the file. Easiest way to test this is logout, go to the users profile, and if you can see the field you should be able to download the file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285022 by Intellitech
Would it work if I were to do it this way -
1) create another file upload field (for the finalised version of the file)
2) put the the field to a tab that is viewable to the Public (but only appear to show based on condition of another field)
3) call this new Public viewable field to the User List.

Results of the above - File still unauthorised access to Public.
But worked when I changed the profile access to Public.
Does this mean, it would work for that, but just that the link to Profile in User List should be disabled, so that the Public would not get to see the Users' Profile?

If the above does work, could you confirm that, the profile (which is confidential) CANNOT be accessed by a search on the site?

krileon wrote: The fields access is entirely based off the tab access and the profile access. If the profile and that tab can be accessed by a public user then they can download the file. Easiest way to test this is logout, go to the users profile, and if you can see the field you should be able to download the file.

7 years 7 months ago #285061 by krileon
Profile access is checked when attempting to download a file from a file field. So if they can't access the profile they can't download the file. You need to have profiles set to public. Then hide what you don't want public on the profile using view access level on your tabs. Not sure I understand why you want something as detailed as a resume public, but not their profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285073 by Intellitech
It's not exactly a CV but more of a write up about themselves because they are appointed to be on a panel.
Profile has confidential contact information which should only be seen by the Registered user.

So, I have now since set Profile view to Public, and the file link can be downloaded.
Would there be a security issue, whereby somebody could just do a search and users' profile throws up in the result.

If setting Profile to Public access does not implicate data privacy, then I could have it set to Public. If not, I'd still need the file link in Public but profile set to Registered only.

7 years 7 months ago #285119 by krileon

Profile has confidential contact information which should only be seen by the Registered user.

I recommend just making the tabs that information is on set to Registered view access level or protect them individually using CB Privacy and its forced privacy controls.

Would there be a security issue, whereby somebody could just do a search and users' profile throws up in the result.

No, just specifically configure what you do and do not want public instead of blocking the entire profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn