[SOLVED] CB Gallery Module

7 years 7 months ago #285542 by Joerg12
Replied by Joerg12 on topic CB Gallery Module
Hello,

I want to use the module also to display the last xx photos of ALL users.

Unfortunately that does not work as described here.

Although the entry "profile.%" under "Asset" is entered, but now there are only photos of ONE user (the latest) are displayed.

How can i set the cb gallery module to:
Show the latest xx photos from all users?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #285543 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery Module
You can't show the last 5 of every user for example. The asset profile.% just combines all the profile gallery entries into 1 gallery then displays the most recent 5 entries from it. Maybe use random order by or something of the sort, but there's nothing available (nor planned) for what you're trying to do.

The demo site has been reset so I've re-applied this configuration and again it is working fine and as expected. Notice the first 2 entries are from Demo User while the rest are from Susan K.

demo.cbdemosites.com/addons/cb-gallery/cb-gallery-module

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285545 by Joerg12
Hello,

ok... i understand.

But the limit to show only the 5 latest photos is not enough for me.
If there are 50 new photos a day, then the limit isn't sufficient.

I searched where i can change this limit, but i can't find it into the settings...

7 years 7 months ago #285546 by krileon
You can change the limit to whatever you like within the CB Gallery modules parameters. Edit your CB Gallery module then under the Media tab you'll find the paging parameters for media and under the Paging header adjust Limit as needed. You can also turn on paging here if needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285547 by Joerg12
Hello,

i tried to set the limit from 5 to 10 into the gallery tab under Media.

But it takes no effect to the gallery module.

I want to use the module to show the latest xx uploaded photos.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285586 by krileon
Edit your gallery module within Extensions > Modules. Next under Media tab under the Paging header set Media to 5 or 10 (it's already default 5). Now set Order By to Date DESC. Next under the Gallery tab set Asset to profile.%. To limit it to photos only you need to disable the other media, which is done under Videos, Music, and Files tabs and by setting their Videos, Music, and Files parameters to Disabled (it's the first parameter under each of those tabs).

This again is working fine locally and on demo site so I've no idea what you're doing wrong or what output you're expecting, but the provided instructions will display the 5 or 10 most recent profile gallery photos shared on your site. If you've 1 user who has uploaded 20 photos then you'll only see that users most recent 5 or 10. If you've 1 user that uploaded 2 and another that uploaded 3 then you'd for example see those 2 and those 3. It's not going to limit it to 5 or 10 per user; there is no functionality for that and no plans for functionality for that. It simply put shows latest profile gallery photos among all profile galleries.

If still not working please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: drhustle

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn