Problems with CB stream in response to CB API loading

7 years 3 months ago #288506 by timstohr
Perfect, I will wait then till you bring the new nightly for CB that repairs the implementation of custom triggers.
Thanks!

PS: you can use Jcomments in event booking component :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #288508 by krileon

Perfect, I will wait then till you bring the new nightly for CB that repairs the implementation of custom triggers.

Already released. Latest CB build should allow you to add custom triggers again.

PS: you can use Jcomments in event booking component

That means they are likely firing the after content display trigger so CB Activity commenting should be able to just immediately work there, but that's no guarantee.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #288523 by timstohr
Still does not work.

No errors seen even with full error reporting turned as well as debug in Auto action. New custom trigger does get fired as it redirects you if you set the auto action but stream does not appear.
Any further ideas?

7 years 3 months ago #288583 by krileon
Your code needs to output the return of the ->trigger (it'll be an array; implode it). Otherwise set the "Output" parameter for your stream to Echo instead of Return, but it's probably not going to be placed where you want it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #288641 by timstohr
OK got it working now (without including the variables, see second question.)

It looks a bit bad though:

How do I get it to look like the normal stream (I would love to include an ACTIVITY stream rather than a commenting stream) so that it looks just like in the module?

2nd question: Which seperator do i have to use for the imploding of the trigger return array?
Attachments:

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #288657 by krileon
CB Auto Actions renders inline streams. That means it doesn't include the core CB template CSS files. The intended purpose of the action was to render inside of other CB plugins, but this will be improved in CB Activity 4.0.0 where it'll always output its container CSS like CB Gallery does. To workaround this you need to surround your return with the following.
$return = '<div class="cb_template">' . implode( '', TRIGGER ) . '</div>';

You may need to load core CB template CSS just before that with the following API call.

outputCbTemplate();

2nd question: Which seperator do i have to use for the imploding of the trigger return array?

None. Use '' as the implode separator.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn