CB Auto Actions trigger only from frontend?

7 years 4 months ago #288946 by kommid
I want to redirect my users after they edited their profile from the frontend. This redirection should also take place, if the user cancels editing his profile.
I set up an auto action that triggers OnAfterUserProfileEditCancel and OnAfterUserProfileSaved which works fine in the frontend, but it happens too, if I edit a user in backend, which is not what I want.
How can I set a trigger to only fire in frontend?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288956 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Actions trigger only from frontend?
The onAfterUserProfileEditCancel trigger is only fired in frontend so you should have no issues with it, but onAfterUserProfileSaved is fired in both backend and frontend. For onAfterUserProfileSaved you need to condition that [var2] is equal to 1 (1 = frontend, 2 = backend).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #289092 by kommid
Replied by kommid on topic CB Auto Actions trigger only from frontend?
Thank you Kyle,
this solved my problem. Are variables like [var2] documented anywhere?

7 years 4 months ago #289106 by krileon
No, not at this time. We're working on a way to better document triggers or at least a tutorial on how to find out what a triggers variables are.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

7 years 3 months ago #290507 by carin
... any news on the variables documentation?

CB 2.0

7 years 2 months ago #290542 by krileon
No. I've significantly more pressing work to do than describe every variable for a trigger, sorry. The below is still relevant for a lot of triggers which at least have the variable names.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18358-using-cb-triggers

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn