[#6448] CB web address field - rel="noopener noreferrer"

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #290068 by ricco1
Hi,

Why is CB putting rel="noopener noreferrer" in the link of the web addresses?

As far as I know noreferrer is bad for our sites! noopener sounds bad as well.
The topic has been locked.
7 years 2 months ago #290122 by beat

ricco1 wrote: Hi,

Why is CB putting rel="noopener noreferrer" in the link of the web addresses?

As far as I know noreferrer is bad for our sites! noopener sounds bad as well.

No, it's not bad. Those are ignored by search engines. To the contrary, it's good for your site. :)

We added it because that's the W3C standard way to handle external links, improve performance, and the best workaround for annoying bugs of some old browsers. And additionally to this, there are no valid downsides to do it right.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #290127 by ricco1
OK, thanks.

Sorry to counter you but after reading this article I'm with the impression that:

In other words, readers can click on the links, but the destination site will not see that they came from your site.

I don't know why you think it is better with the noreferrer feature on. I've never seen it in the most sites.

Is there a way to get rid of that feature?

May be you could make them both optional, like the No Follow option, please.

Also please don't add features on our behalves without us knowing, or letting choose.

We are making a community, in the same time we are shutting us down. This has been for years.
7 years 2 months ago #290369 by ricco1
Could someone answer please?
7 years 2 months ago #290374 by krileon
noopener is a security implementation and is non-negotiable. It has zero negative impact on your site though so that's fine. noreferrer for older browsers is a workaround for not supporting noopener, but user supplied affiliate links lose all ability to track. I've added a feature ticket to implement a parameter to toggle noreferrer on or off as needed (default on). Again, noopener is non-negotiable and will remain always on for user supplied target="_blank" URLs.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6448

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ricco1
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #290862 by ricco1
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn