flood protection

7 years 3 months ago #290199 by carin
flood protection was created by carin
"The administrator of this forum has enabled flood protection. You must wait 240 seconds before you can make another post."

Please loose that or at least tone it down a noche, thanks.

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290235 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic flood protection
It's a minor 4 minutes between new posts. That shouldn't affect any form of normal activity. There was a bug in Kunena where this affects edits, but believe it's fixed now and we've already installed latest release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290243 by carin
Replied by carin on topic flood protection
The 4 min is active for edits, so when you just want to correct a mistake you have to wait. But even for new posts 4 is not appropiate. 40 s would be, that would also be sufficient for flood protection, even 4 s since there is already the login barrier and if you seriously have that problem then you could gradually increase the time for the userID that is spamming.

CB 2.0

7 years 3 months ago #290246 by krileon
It shouldn't apply to edits, but I don't think that fix made it into the latest release (I reported it directly to Kunena and has been fixed on github). Once a Kunena release is made with that fix we'll of course update. For new posts 4 minutes is fine though. These are forums and are not chat. Please also be sure to be using search before posting as lot of your recent posts have already been answered in other topics.

Spammers that have been making it to the forums are humans registering then using a bot or posting manually. 4 minutes gives us enough time typically to catch and manually remove them. A few seconds does nothing. I'm sorry this inconveniences you, but it's for the benefit of everyone enjoying our forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290255 by carin
Replied by carin on topic flood protection
Ok, then I have to live with the 4 min.

I would love to find answers straight away and not have to write a post. The search is just so blury and the awful pagination renders in-page-search so usless that I rarely find what I am looking for. Hence I use google and if there nothing shows up I just write a new post. As soon as your search is usable let me know I greatfully make use of it.

CB 2.0

7 years 3 months ago #290285 by krileon
I don't understand what you mean by the search is blury or what's awful about the pagination. More feedback is certainly welcome, but please understand we're simply using Kunena here so we'll do what we can within the limitations of Kunena. Any general feedback you have for Kunena should be reported to Kunena as well so they can further improve it. We report as much feedback as we can as well.

For Google searching if you use the following you can narrow results down to our forums, but Google can be slow indexing new posts. We'd much rather improve our onsite searching as much as possible.

SEARCH_CRITERIA_HERE site:https://www.joomlapolis.com/forum/

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds