Public Email Change Subject Text

7 years 3 months ago #290511 by hac
Hi,

I have CB 2.1.2 installed. I have turned on Public Email in the CB > Configuration > General tab. When someone emails a CB member/user the email the user gets has the subject line of "Contact via website". How/where do I override this text string to be something else?

I went into CB plugins > Default Language (English) >Overrides and did a search for Contact via website, but it wasn't found. I also did the same thing with en-GB and the string wasn't found.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290547 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Public Email Change Subject Text
Email sent through CB API is given the following subject.

'EMAIL_NOTE_SITENAME_SUBJECT' => '[sitename] - [subject]',

My guess is your Joomla site name is "Contact via website" or that language string has been translated to replace [sitename] with "Contact via website". You can override this using language overrides as described below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18712-language-key-and-text-finder

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn