[SOLVED] CB Connect login

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291407 by coliberek
[SOLVED] CB Connect login was created by coliberek
Hi,

sorry to disturb again, but I have one more problem.

I configured CB Connect plugin to register by facebook. Registration working great, but l have problem with login.

In plugin configuration I set up to display both, login ang register by fb button but it is visible only login button.

When new user clicking lofin by fb it is showing registration form, with some informations imported from fb.

But when user is already registered by fb and trying to login by fb it shows error that email is already in use. So it seem that it is trying to register new user instead log in.

the link to the website: goo.gl/E0CTm5

Regards
Malgorzata

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #291424 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect login
Edit a user that has used CB Connect within CB > User Management and ensure their Facebook ID field is populated. If they've registered with CB Connect or linked their account with CB Connect using Facebook that field should be populated with their Facebook ID and is what allows Facebook to login for that user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291448 by coliberek
Replied by coliberek on topic CB Connect login
Hi,

thank you for the answer. You are right. Facebook ID field it is not being populated after registration by CB Connect.
Should I set up something special in plugin's configuration?

I just clicked login by FB button, it prefilled CB registration form, I filled all needed details and my account was created.

After that I went to CB Users, as you said and checked fields in user's profile and Facebook iD is empty.

ps

I just reviewed settings of the plugin and tried to synchronize id field from fb , then tried to register new user by fb (on my husband fb account) but also Facebook ID is empty in new user details.
Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago #291478 by krileon
Try swapping to Single Sign-On and see if it works fine.

I just reviewed settings of the plugin and tried to synchronize id field from fb , then tried to register new user by fb (on my husband fb account) but also Facebook ID is empty in new user details.

Do not map any of those. Those are core fields already mapped by CB Connect. You do not have to map Facebook ID, First Name, Last Name, Middle Name, Username, Email Address, or Avatar.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #291532 by coliberek
Replied by coliberek on topic CB Connect login
Ah, ok. Thank you very much, I didn't know that there is no need to map those fields.

After switching to single Sign-On the problem still exist. I see only one FB button "Sign up with Facebook", there is no a loginn with fb button, even if in plugin's setting is turned on.

After signing up with fb, when I am clicking again the button below standard CB login form it said that :

ERROR
The email address is already in use.

So it seem that it want to register me again.

7 years 1 month ago #291553 by krileon
You've something preventing the Facebook ID field from populating. Do you have CB Auto Actions installed and are acting on after profile update? Basically disable non-core plugins 1 by 1 until the Facebook ID begins saving. It can not even make it to the registration process if the Facebook ID doesn't exist so it is making it that far, but something keeps overriding it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn