CBActivity error on frontend

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291844 by fribse2011
CBActivity error on frontend was created by fribse2011
Hi Guys

I've had the CB Activity running for some time on the frontend, it is made as a discussion area / notification area.
However I just found out that it has stopped working for 'manuel' posts, it worked 5 days ago.
I found this error when examining it:
Uncaught TypeError: $(...).cbactivity is not a function
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> ((index):298)
    at u (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=e55971e81c86c8d3:1)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=e55971e81c86c8d3:1)
    at Function.ready (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=e55971e81c86c8d3:1)
    at HTMLDocument.F (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=e55971e81c86c8d3:1)
(anonymous) @ (index):298
u @ jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=e55971e81c86c8d3:1
fireWith @ jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=e55971e81c86c8d3:1
ready @ jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=e55971e81c86c8d3:1
F @ jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=e55971e81c86c8d3:1
Not really sure where to go from here?
I also have it running on my testsite, which doesn't have as many posts to it, and there it works as it should.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #291845 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic CBActivity error on frontend
Ahaa, I think I found the 'colision'. I have the 'components anywhere' installed from Regular Labs.
I have that installed to solve a problem of making a "list of CB lists".
I'm not sure if it is to be solved in CB or in 'Components Anywhere'?

Best regards
Fribse

7 years 1 month ago #291864 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBActivity error on frontend
No idea how components anywhere works to output components anywhere so I've no idea why it's causing that, but my guess is it's not outputting the headers from CB resulting in the JS being missing. Note with CB Activity 4.0.0 you'll be able to have as many activity streams as you like. See the below blog post regarding progress.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18724-streams-everywhere-follow-everyone

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #291910 by fribse2011
Hi Kyle

I got some answers from Peter van Westen, it seems that CB is manipulating the html buffer in a non-standard way, as he describes it here:
www.regularlabs.com/forum/componentsanywhere/43656-components-anywhere-disables-cb-activity

Best regards
Fribse

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291925 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBActivity error on frontend
CB doesn't alter the Joomla buffer (we do not get or set the buffer). Our headers are just echoed by our component file instead of output using Joomla API. The reason for this is we need stricter load order and noConflict control for our jQuery plugins than Joomla API provides. We do not echo the headers if &format=raw or &format=json. If components anywhere is using either to load in a component view then CB won't be loading in any of its headers and should be using &tmpl=component instead of a format, but again I've no idea how components anywhere is outputting a component view.

I'm not sure what this has to do with CB Activity module though. If you're not loading in CB Activity module using component anywhere (you shouldn't need to as you can use loadmodule ) and it's still breaking CB Activity module then I've no idea what components anywhere is doing to the buffer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #291931 by fribse2011
No, I'm not loading it with Components Anywhere, I simply have the CB Activity module shown on the start-page, and it's when I click in the 'whats on your mind' field that I can see it doesn't react. I've posted your reply to Regular Labs forum.

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn