routing to user profile

7 years 6 days ago - 7 years 6 days ago #292434 by carin
routing to user profile was created by carin
In my multilingual site I need to link to user profiles from within my custom module. I set up a cb profile menu item in a hidden menu of type "Community Builder » userprofile" with the alias "users" and the Itemid=870. Now I take that link and refer to it in my module via
JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userprofile&Itemid=870&user='.$AuthorID);
SEF urls are set to ON in the Joomla configuration so the link generated looks in general like ".../users/username.html. But sometimes the userId gets inserted and the generated link looks like ".../users/xxx-username.html. What could cause that injection?

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 days ago #292439 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic routing to user profile
The user id is added if the username is not URL safe. See the below regarding how our new SEF rewriting works. You can use the Profile URL field to customize profile URLs even further. The username URL escaping uses Joomlas own alias function so the same rules that apply to a Joomla articles alias apply to usernames.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18704-seo-everything

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn