[#6555] Problems after upgrade to CB 2

7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #292443 by Vorak
Hello,

Today I upgraded CB from version 1.9 to the latest version 2.

However, I am running into quite a few issues:

1. I can't view my own profile anymore, others don't show either. It says "This profile does not exist or is no longer available."

I have already re-created the mandatory profile link, even a second one to be sure, but neither work.
The strange thing is that shortly after the upgrade it actually did work for a bit, but then it stopped working without any apparent trigger for it.

2. Once logged in, it is impossible to log out.

When clicking the "logout" button, it just brings me to a search screen instead, and it doesn't actually log me out at all. I have created a logout-menu link, but the result is the same.

I am using the CB login module on the website, which does seem to work at first glance but doesn't let me log out (or go to my profile). I don't know of these modules were automatically updated to the latest version when I installed CB 2, but I can't find it in the list of downloads on the Joomlapolis website.

Maybe I did something wrong or overlooked something, but I can't seem to find it. I am not new to CB, have been using it for over ten years, but this is the first time I feel totally lost. And my (live) website is a mess :(

I am using Joomla 2.5 (2.5.16), php 5.3.

Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292446 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2
CB 1.x to CB 2.x is a migration and not an upgrade. Please search regarding migration as it's not a simple install and done. You will need to recheck all your configuration to ensure everything is configured properly still. All installed plugins should be updated, etc.. All your Joomla menu items to CB should also be edited and re-saved with the appropriate Menu Type encase they didn't migrate.

Additionally you're using PHP 5.3 and it is highly recommended you update to at least PHP 5.6 for best performance and compatibility.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292449 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2
Hello,

Thanks for your fast reply. I did search for information about the migration, but couldn't find much more than a tutorial video on Youtube.

I had a look at the settings but there's nothing I could find that might cause this problem.
Do you have any idea which settings I should probably look at most?

I have downloaded the newest versions of the plugins and modules that I could find here on Joomlapolis (I paid for a 3 month membership so I could access them).

As for the php version, that is something I unfortunately can't do anything about :(

7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #292453 by Vorak
I have checked all the configuration settings of CB.
I have performed all the database tools. There were some items in red, they are all repaired and all is now green.
I have edited and re-saved all CB-related menu items.
I have checked in the settings of those menu items, but could not find anything.
I noticed that a new menu with nothing but CB-related links was created. I made it visible in a module and tried accessing profile or logging out there, but no luck (accessing profile gives a blank screen in that case).
I have checked in the login modules and their settings, but could not find anything.

The situation is still the same: accessing any profile gives me the text that the profile doesn't exist (even though it does), or a blank screen. Trying to log out always makes me land at a search page that searches for the word "logout".

What have I missed that I should check out?

7 years 4 weeks ago #292455 by Vorak
When I enable maximum error reporting in Joomla, I get this error repeated 12 times:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /opt/www/vs01014/web/www.druidcircle.org/druid/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubscontent/cbsubs.content_access.php on line 773

I have tried to disable the cbsubscontent plugin in CB, but the error remained and the issue remained the same too.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292457 by Vorak
When I now go to the Tools in CB, I get this message:

In order for CB to function properly a Joomla menu item must be present. This menu item must also be published for PUBLIC access. It appears that this environment is missing this mandatory menu item. Please refer to the section titled "Adding the CB Profile" of the PDF installation guide included in your CB distribution package for additional information regarding this matter.

However, there is no PDF to be found anywhere in the new CB package that I downloaded from the website.

CB has created a new menu with links, they are all public already. Turning the others into an alias to that one makes no difference.
I have tried making yet another public menu item for the mandatory Profile menu item, but no difference.
And with all this, the error that is showing at the Tools doesn't go away.

I suspect it does have something to do with that, but if it already exists and is already public, then I don't know what else I can do?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.703 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn