[SOLVED] jquery.cbvalidate.min.js?v=...

7 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 11 months ago #292465 by carin
How do I prevent CB from appending the version so the script can be cached?

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 weeks ago #292477 by krileon
It can be cached fine with the version. When the version changes the cache renews. This leverages browser cache without causing out of date files to load. You can not remove the version from it without altering core code, which we can not advise you on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #292529 by carin

krileon wrote: It can be cached fine with the version.

Sure it can be cached but only as long as the version stays the same. On my site the version changes on every page load hence there is no chaching at all. Why does the version has to change? I need a stable hence cachable version at least for a week, better a month.

CB 2.0

7 years 3 weeks ago #292544 by krileon
The version tag is just an MD5 of the files modify datetime and your CB version. It's not possible for it to be changing on every page load unless one of those is being modified on every page load. I am seeing no such issues in my tests locally or on our demo site. Do you have any sort of caching extensions or header compression extensions that maybe doing this?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 weeks ago #292607 by carin
I have no caching extensions but maybe the developer tools cause that. I checked again and without the dev tools it is the same version that gets reloaded. How can I combine and compress all the single cb js files? Especially on a weak mobile connection the load on the registration page is quite heavy and takes more than 5 seconds to load. Or could I preload the scripts on the homepage so that the sripts are already in the cache when the user enters the registration page?

CB 2.0

7 years 2 weeks ago #292624 by krileon

How can I combine and compress all the single cb js files?

A compression extension. CB is only tested and verified working with JCH Optimizer (we use it here).

Especially on a weak mobile connection the load on the registration page is quite heavy and takes more than 5 seconds to load.

It's unlikely that CSS and JS are causing such a long load time. It's most likely your images. Lazy Loading images is the best approach to speeding up pages, which JCH Optimizer offers (along with CSS and JS compression).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn