[#6556] Groupjive - groups not showing

7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #292522 by Vorak
Sorry to bother you again.

I have encountered a new problem just now, related to Groupjive.

When SEF is enabled, and I try to enter any group, end up on an "uncategorized" groupjive-page instead.
The groups are published as they should be (I never changed anything about that anyway).
Menu items have been created as the instructions say in the primer book.

I already had updated to the latest version of GroupJive after migrating to CB 2.

The problem doesn't appear when SEF is not enabled.

So I guess the question is: how do I get GroupJive to work properly with SEF enabled?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 weeks ago #292546 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive - groups not showing
How are you reaching groups? From Joomla menu item or from the categories page? Right click and copy the URL to the group then remove the domain and provide the rest here in a reply so I can see what the URL is being rewritten to. Most likely your issue is due to the router in Joomla 2.5 being significantly out of date and likely makes it difficult for the URL to be reversed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 weeks ago #292562 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Groupjive - groups not showing
It works when a menu item links directly to a group.

But it doesn't work when a menu item links to a category, and in that category you click a group.

This is a link to a group in one category, and when I click on it I go to the "uncategorized" page (even when I have "uncategorized" turned off):
.../index.php/en/component/comprofiler/pluginclass/cbgroupjive/2-e-nemetons/3-nervii-nemeton-mothergrove
This is a link to a group in another category, and when I click on it the category page just appears again:
.../index.php/en/druid-college/alumni/3-college-student-alumni/10-ovate-course

The "new group" link renders the same result each time, for example:
.../index.php/en/druid-college/alumni/3-college-student-alumni/new?return=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZHJ1aWRjaXJjbGUub3JnL2RydWlkL2luZGV4LnBocC9lbi9kcnVpZC1jb2xsZWdlL2FsdW1uaS8zLWNvbGxlZ2Utc3R1ZGVudC1hbHVtbmkvMTEtZHJ1aWQtY291cnNl

These are the SEF url's. If SEF is turned off, the links do work just fine.
I am using the SEF functionality that is built in with Joomla 2.5, not using an external extension for this.

7 years 3 weeks ago #292563 by Vorak
Oh and it also doesn't work when clicking on a group listed in one's CB profile.

For example:
.../index.php/en/component/comprofiler/pluginclass/cbgroupjive/3-college-student-alumni/10-ovate-course?return=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZHJ1aWRjaXJjbGUub3JnL2RydWlkL2luZGV4LnBocC9lbi9jYi1wcm9maWxlP3RhYj03NA==

7 years 3 weeks ago #292574 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive - groups not showing
The SEF isn't reversing correctly. Once the alias is removed it works fine. Example as follows.

Does Not Work:
/index.php/en/druid-college/all-gj-categories-2/3-college-student-alumni

Works:
/index.php/en/druid-college/all-gj-categories-2/3

This is due to Joomla internally converting the first - to : and GJs routing doesn't account for this. Fixing for next build (will be released when CB Activity 4.0.0 is released) and have installed a patched GJ for you. Note this issue does not affect Joomla 3.x installs.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6556

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 weeks ago #292577 by Vorak
Thanks, so I need to wait for the release of CB Activity 4? Is there an estimated date of release for this build known?

Good to know though that the problem won't affect Joomla 3, so that when I migrate the website I won't have to worry about this issue.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn