CB Connect not working with Facebook for new users

6 years 11 months ago #293512 by spooner
So ok. I will look if any other users have problems on login with matching e-mail-adresss.

I have requested additional permissions from facebook. There are now accepted:

And i activated them in CB Connect by inserting this on CB Connect -> Parameter -> Facebook -> Application -> Permissions:
user_birthday, user_location

But Field-Matching on Registration will not work (only gender is matched correctly):

Why is birthday not matched?
What is the correct Field-Name for user_location (can´t find it)?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293516 by krileon

Map birthday to a text field and it should work. CB Connect does not currently SQL format the date values provided by the providers. That will be implemented in next release so it can properly synchronize to a date field.

There isn't one available to map at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293519 by spooner

krileon wrote:

Map birthday to a text field and it should work. CB Connect does not currently SQL format the date values provided by the providers. That will be implemented in next release so it can properly synchronize to a date field.

There´s already an existing date-fileld for birthday. I need to know when the new version of CB Connect will be realeased. Or is it posible to work with an hidden-text-field to map and use auto-actions to convert and save to existing birthday-date-field?

There isn't one available to map at this time.

So you already allow to ask for user_location permission. When do you plan to implement this field-mapping?

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293545 by krileon

There´s already an existing date-fileld for birthday. I need to know when the new version of CB Connect will be realeased. Or is it posible to work with an hidden-text-field to map and use auto-actions to convert and save to existing birthday-date-field?

I can't tell you when it'll be released. I'm not currently working on CB Connect, but am working on CB Core Fields Ajax. I might make CB Connect my focus after CB Core Fields Ajax. CB Connect fires normal registration triggers so yes you could modify the value as needed using CB Auto Actions acting on after registration triggers.

So you already allow to ask for user_location permission. When do you plan to implement this field-mapping?

Next release as I'll be adding parsing for object fields returned by providers. Currently it only handles mapping of fields that API returns as strings or integers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #293549 by timstohr
Just tested it just out of interest and it works perfect (birthday does indeed not get taken over...) ... Btw didn't find a way to delete my account... You should add it still and please delete my account as well :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 11 months ago #293564 by spooner
Thanks for testing. As you requested your account is deleted.
Currently we are deleting accounts manually.

you can remove FB-Permission on this website:
www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn