[SOLVED] Renewals not happening in CB even though PayPal processes them

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293511 by petekuhn
Joomla 3.6.5 Stable
PHP 5.6.30
MySQL 5.6.28-76 1-log
CB 2.1.2
CBSubs 4.1.0

Some of our members' renewals are not being processed by CB. The notification shows "currency, item name or number or quantity mismatch".
PayPal processed the transaction without error.

A screenshot is attached of the notification. I can send you login credentials if necessary.

This message contains confidential information
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293515 by beat

currency, item name or number or quantity mismatch: IPN item_name (Associate+Member+Windsurf+Locker+for+Matthias+Roschke) does not match basket item_name (Associate Member Windsurf Locker for Matthias Roschke) nor their trimmed sizes for IPN (Associate+Member+Windsurf+Locker+for+Matthias+Roschke) and basket (Associate Member Windsurf Locker for Matthias Roschke)

The bug is Paypal-side, and Paypal is aware and hopefully working on it: they replace spaces by + in the item_name sometimes!

We have made a workaround for this Paypal.com-side bug, and it is available in our downloads with the latest nightly release.

This is same issue as reported 3 weeks back here:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/236351-paypal-ipn-item-name-suddenly-adding-signs-resulting-in-mismatch

I am making PayPal.com Developers Support aware of your thread here, but you should also contact your Paypal.com customer-manager (log-in to Paypal.com then click Support at bottom).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

6 years 11 months ago #293533 by beat
I have got reply from Paypal.com technical support: The transaction you have mentioned is an old one from April 3rd, which occured when Paypal.com had the bug.

You may still be able to replay the IPN from the Paypal.com website (with now normally fixed item_name): In Paypal.com logged-in Tools : Site-map: IPN History, then select longest possible period for the list, and if you see that transaction message (txn_id is in your PDF), you can checkmark it and click Replay IPN button.

Otherwise, you will just need to activate the subscription manually in CBSubs in CB User manager, edit the user, and in the Membership tab activate the subscription by saving the user in your CB admin area.

btw. I have marked-up your PDF attachment as "CONFIDENTIAL" now as it contains private details

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: petekuhn

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn