Where do you set the sign up access level?

6 years 11 months ago #293542 by mickelb
I want the default sign up access level to be Guest and not Registered. Where is that setting hidden in Admin?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293551 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Where do you set the sign up access level?
You can't have the default usergroup as Guest. They'll never be able to login or do anything as Guest does not have those permissions. At any rate you can adjust the registration usergroup within Joomla > Users > Manage > Options.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mickelb

6 years 11 months ago #293560 by mickelb
Replied by mickelb on topic Where do you set the sign up access level?
Hi, OK I must have confused you. I needed to set the New User Registration Group to "Guest" and non logged-in visitors to Public.

I have done that now via the Joomla Users Options settings you suggested. Logically, as I only use the CB Sign Up and Login, I was expecting it to be a CB setting.

Thanks.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293586 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Where do you set the sign up access level?

Hi, OK I must have confused you. I needed to set the New User Registration Group to "Guest" and non logged-in visitors to Public.

Your registered users will not be able to login, etc... Non-logged in users are already considered Public. Guest is used for Public ONLY; meaning registered users won't see Guest view access level. See the below for the purpose of Guest usage.

docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_hide_something_from_logged_in_users%3F

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn