Odd behaviour with CB Activity Plugin after update to Joomla 3.7.0

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293561 by fribse2011
Hi Guys and Gals

I have activated the commenting part of the CB Activity Plugin.
It has worked nicely, but today after updating to 3.7.0 it looks a bit odd.
To have it work on the frontpage I had to set it to context 'com_content'.
It worked with the default 'com_content.article' for all the other pages showing articles, but not the frontpage unless I set 'com_content'.

After updating to 3.7.0 it also placed comments on other positions as well. I have a position on the top of the page where I use 'articles anywhere' to place specific articles given the right ACL level, but the article category they contain are excluded.

Best regards
Kenneth

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293589 by krileon
By setting Include Content to com_content you're having it output on every content component view that outputs onContentAfterDisplay trigger. I can't help you in regards to articles anywhere as depending on how they output articles that may indeed output a comments stream.

For front page and article view only you can set context to: com_content.article,com_content.featured

Default value is com_content.article (or empty) and is still working fine in my tests on Joomla 3.7.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #293613 by fribse2011
I'm not getting it shown here, and I don't have any featured articles, and the category is not excluded.
My Main-Menu Home item is a Category Blog, no featured articles.
The Joomla plugin has a ACL of 'Club Member' which is a higher level than registered.
The comment section appears on other pages where the categories are not excluded.

Regarding my unclear explanation of the modules and articles-anywhere.
I don't want it to be shown there, and the article categories shown there are excluded.
And even despite that, and with the module not being shown because of it's assignments aren't fulfilled, if I give the context 'com_content' the comment section still appears.

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #293630 by krileon
Ok, so your only issue is with the Articles Anywhere usage. My guess is they're directly outputting the article view, which is going to have the com_content.article context. They'd need to have their own view that has a more specific context or doesn't fire that trigger. There's nothing I can do about that from CB Activity though. The below is the results of my test with Joomla views using com_content.article context.

Featured:

Blog:

Article:

The only thing determining if comments should show is the context and that's based off whatever the trigger is sending.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #293651 by fribse2011
Hi Kyle

No, it's the opposite. I don't want to use it on Articles Anywhere, I was explaining that IF I activate it on 'com_content' it appears on published articles set up by Articles Anywhere, in non-published modules.

I ONLY want to use it on the 'normal' articles. But it doesn't show up with the 'contexts' youve provided.
I'll pm you the credentials to show it, it's visible here: www.dkdb.dk

Best regards
Fribse

6 years 11 months ago #293679 by krileon

No, it's the opposite. I don't want to use it on Articles Anywhere, I was explaining that IF I activate it on 'com_content' it appears on published articles set up by Articles Anywhere, in non-published modules.

That's because the com_content context covers all views in Joomla for com_content output.

I ONLY want to use it on the 'normal' articles. But it doesn't show up with the 'contexts' youve provided.
I'll pm you the credentials to show it, it's visible here: www.dkdb.dk

Then it's a problem with how you're outputting articles. I do not test it with articles anywhere. I test normal Joomla views. It is not tested with K2 either.

Having reviewed your install I don't understand the issue. When I view an article directly I see the comments perfectly fine. See PM where I've provided links to articles with working comments. Your home page is outputting the Category Blog view. That is not the Featured Articles view. If you want comments on your home page you need to use "com_content.category", but that may have unexpected output. There is no context specific to blog view.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn