Login and Connect issues

6 years 9 months ago #295078 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login and Connect issues
Ensure everything is up to date then retry. CB AntiSpam has no known issues with Code, Question, or reCaptcha validation modes. The "Internal (honeypot)" mode currently has issues. I've retested Code, Question, and reCaptcha as working fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295104 by webtechplus
Replied by webtechplus on topic Login and Connect issues
Kyle,
Thanks for your help, we have updated to the latest version of CB, and also had to re-install CB-Subs it is not activated yet but when the install of the main CB was done the subs menu turned off..

We are still getting an error on the captcha code, but if you use the connect buttons the site works without any issues.
Now its a matter of going through and finding the issue, i take it you cannot downgrade CB?

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

6 years 9 months ago #295113 by webtechplus
Kyle,
It appears to be the login in general that's broken. I have turned AntiSpam off and since the patch the login is now working.
I will have to check into this more tomorrow, odd that it started happening after the last patch.

I'll let you know what we find.

We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

6 years 9 months ago #295132 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login and Connect issues
For reCaptcha to validate you need to have cURL setup correctly to make outbound HTTPS requests. Contact your host if you're unsure about this. Enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting should expose such validation errors. Switch to Code (Internal) and see if captcha for login is then working.

It also appears you've a syntax error on your site where it's loading your Google adsense. It appears you've an unclosed script element surrounding another script element. This maybe causing any number of issues due to the invalid HTML.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295189 by webtechplus
Hi Kyle

We beleive we have nutted out some of the issues.

However, a team member of ours tried signing in with his account and wasn't logging him in. We searched the Community Builder user list and his account had disappeared completely from the list.

We then signed in using Facebook (from CB connect) and his account was re-established (didn't need to re-register and had the same level of permissions and access as he had before). However his username was from Facebook, but because he created the account with Steam the account was different. So he logged out and logged back in with Steam and then it finally displayed his correct username. It was like the user was still in the database somewhere but we couldn't even query it in the backend user list without using CBConnect to sign in.

Would you have any idea what might be causing this? We have some precautions set (block IP's, ban people etc) in CBAntiSpam. We are unsure if any other user has been affected causing them to not be able to login.

6 years 9 months ago #295192 by webtechplus
Hello

To further our reply we have realised what our problem was about 'missing' accounts. This was due to CBConnect re-synchronizing details when users login with different accounts and thus changing their usernames. Our client wanted this enabled so users could sign in and update their profile pictures and canvas pictures, is there a way to have just the images re-synchronize and not change a users username? (As we also have the login form on the site).

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn