[SOLVED] CB Activity prevents user profiles from loading

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #295666 by kletterdorf
Hi everyone, this is a hard to reproduce problem. It occurs to some user profiles, when the actual user is founder/admin of a cb group.
What happens is (with published cb activity) when a superadmin user visits one of these profiles is that an error message shows up (see attachment).
Unpublishing the cb activity plugin resolves this issue. Please advise what else might be wrong, as I would like to continue using the plugin.

IhrLogo
0 - Call to a member function get() on null

Zur Startseite wechseln: Startseite.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #295672 by krileon
Ensure everything you have installed is completely up to date. You most likely have something installed that's out of date. Aside from that I've no idea as there's no path for the error so I've no idea where it's coming from. If issue persists after updating everything then review server error log to see if it provides more details regarding the error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago #295695 by kletterdorf
Replied by kletterdorf on topic CB Activity prevents user profiles from loading
I have updated the de-de plugin, that was the only cb component out of date.
However, this did not change anything.
CB Activity is currently restricted tu super users, and as such I cannot load the profile.
When I log in as a standard user I can access the profile.
As super user I can only load the profile when cb activity is deactivated / not published.

We are on Joomla 3.6.5. Are you suggesting to move on to 3.7.3 ?

6 years 9 months ago #295704 by krileon

We are on Joomla 3.6.5. Are you suggesting to move on to 3.7.3 ?

Yes, ensure everything is up to date. If issue persists review server error log to see if any further information regarding the error is there as there's not enough information in the error for me to determine where it's coming from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #295711 by kletterdorf
just completed the upgrade, no change.

which error log are you referring to?

edit: just checked the webserver log and found nothing...
played around with the config of cb_activity: there is a clean-up option for urls, this resolved the problem...

many thanks for your support
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 7 months ago #296855 by kletterdorf
just an update to keep you posted.

the error came back, this time when users tried to access their own profile.
the resolution, which helped last time, showed no effect this time.
I believe we updated cb activity and then the error came back.

What helped this time was to uninstall cb activity, install an old version and then continually update to the latest version.
We have strong indication, that our web designer copied the cb template and then used the copy to implement over-rides.
When using the cb original template all plugins worked fine. When using our own template with the over-rides, cb activity crashed - and also the guestbook Buttons to edit/publish etc. were inactive.

Now, after the re-installation of cb guestbook and cb activity everything is back to normal, incl. the over-rides.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn