Having Firstname, Lastname and Name fields at the same time

6 years 8 months ago #296326 by dwebber
Currently, I use both, Firstname and Lastname for registration etc, I am currently setting up a chronoforms form where I would like it to pull both names together in one element.

The easiest way to me would be to have a separate field in Community Builder which automatically at registration fills the field with both firstname and lastname fields.

How would I go about achieving this without changing the default to just a name field? The field itself would almost never change after registration, no need for it to appear on the front end profile and changes would be able to be made from the back end.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Regards,
Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296355 by krileon
Firstname and Lastname are already separate in CB within the _comprofiler table. They are not separate within Joomla which stores the full name in the name column. If Chronoforms can pull CB fields into its form then it'd just need to pull the firstname and lastname fields. Aside from that I've no idea what to suggest as we've no Chronoforms integration. If you need just the name as a single value then Chronoforms would need to pull the name column from _users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn