[SOLVED] Field change does not save

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296489 by sirweb
[SOLVED] Field change does not save was created by sirweb
I have a checkbox fiels where changes are not saved.
Same issue in both frontend and backend.

On Save & Exit, I get a message that the user profile is saved.
Looking in PU Logger, nothing is logged.
Entering the same profile, the checkbox is the same as before saving.

I have no 3pd CB plugins.
CB Privacy is set to Edit display=Moderators.
All databases are ok according to CB Tools.

I´m out of ideas what to look for. Do you have a good advice?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296498 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field change does not save
Are you using CB Conditional and conditioning the field? If so try disabling CB Conditional and see if issue persists. You mentioned using CB Privacy and adjusting the edit access. Try disabling CB Privacy and see if issue persists. Aside from that something would need to be altering the value in POST, the field validation failing maybe, or a double user store is occurring resulting in the value reverting (can sometimes happen depending on what's being done in custom actions with CB Auto Actions).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sirweb

6 years 8 months ago #296608 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Field change does not save

krileon wrote: Are you using CB Conditional and conditioning the field? If so try disabling CB Conditional and see if issue persists. You mentioned using CB Privacy and adjusting the edit access. Try disabling CB Privacy and see if issue persists. Aside from that something would need to be altering the value in POST, the field validation failing maybe, or a double user store is occurring resulting in the value reverting (can sometimes happen depending on what's being done in custom actions with CB Auto Actions).

Thanks for leading me in the right direction!
Yes, disabling CB Conditional helps, but I do not have any conditions on this specific field.
Neither do I have any conditions on an other field, where I also used to have a condition.
I used to have a dependency, to slide out a field group if checking a checkbox.
But, as I said, these conditions are removed.

6 years 8 months ago #296625 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field change does not save
There's 5 condition tabs. Are you sure you don't have a condition somewhere affecting that field? It could be a "Conditional Others" coming from another field. Within CB Conditional > Parameters you can toggle on Debug then ensure debug mode and maximum error reporting are enabled in Joomla global configuration. Once done save a profile where the issue is present and it should output details about what conditions are executing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297012 by sirweb
Replied by sirweb on topic Field change does not save
Thanks, problem solved for now.

The problem was in CB Conditional, some error with my conditions.
I was trying to Show/Hide a group of checkboxes with another checkbox as toggler but something is wrong.
Nick has created a video on this topic. Have to look at it again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn