PayPal error on many subscription purchases/renewals

6 years 7 months ago #296490 by petekuhn
CB 2.1.3
CBSubs 4.1.0
Joomla 3.6.5 Stable
MySQL 5.6.36-82.1-log
PHP 5.6.31

We are getting a lot of PayPal errors of the sort indicated in the screen shot attached. In almost all cases, the PayPal transaction went through.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #296499 by krileon
PayPal Standard, Pro, or Advanced? Review the IPN and it's POST data at the bottom of the IPN details page to see if everything is correct. Is the amount paid correct in the IPN? Are you using UTF8 characters in plan names?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #296507 by petekuhn
Thanks for the reply.

We're using Paypal Payments Pro.

Not sure what you mean by "Review the IPN and it's POST data at the bottom of the IPN details page to see if everything is correct. Is the amount paid correct in the IPN?" I don't see an IPN details page in our admin site or in the Paypal site.

Plan names have no special characters: "1 year" , "3 months (regular)", etc.

Attached are the two Notifications from the most recent erroneous payment rejection (payment went through Paypal, rejected by CB Subs as item mismatch.

The raw result is
"currency, item name or number or quantity mismatch: IPN item_name (Shopping Cart) does not match basket item_name (1 year for Amin Zargar) nor their trimmed sizes for IPN (Shopping Cart) and basket (1 year for Amin Zargar)"

The item name under $_GET=array is '1 year for Amin Zargar', the item name under $_POST=array is Shopping Cart.

I looked at the result from the most recent successful transaction and the item name under $_POST=array is the plan name, matching the item name under $_GET=array.

We thought this might be the result of a browser caching error from the computer at our club, but the most recent erroneous payment rejection happened when our clubhouse wasn't open to the public, plus the IP addresses differ between the erroneous payment rejections.

This problem is sporadic, only about half the payments are being erroneously rejected.

Our site host is Siteground.

Thanks in advance for looking at this.
Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #296510 by krileon

We're using Paypal Payments Pro.

That error is output by the PayPal Standard gateway. Please ensure you've the proper gateway configured.

Regarding why it's failing regardless of proper gateway usage it appears to be due to "IPN item_name (Shopping Cart) does not match basket item_name (1 year for Amin Zargar)". CBSubs is expecting item_name to be "1 year for Amin Zargar", but PayPal sent "Shopping Cart".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #296514 by petekuhn
Where in CB Subs is there an option to configure the gateway as Paypal Payments Pro? I only see a choice between normal paypal server and sandbox.

6 years 7 months ago #296517 by petekuhn
I think by "IPN Details" you meant the IPN history in Paypal, which I learned how to access, and it shows that Paypal sent an IPN with the item name as shopping cart (see attached).

I submitted a tech support request to Paypal, but does the notifications (previously sent pdfs) show our website sent the correct item name to Paypal?
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn