Time Release Content

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #296496 by fede312
Time Release Content was created by fede312
Thank you for your help with the CB Action Field issue, that case is solved. I do not know how to mark that topic as solved.
Now I'm on the 2nd face, which is the time release articles in the classroom page.

I've created 2 new fields, just like the Time Release document indicates

1. Subscription Date Field
2. Days Since Subscription

I've created a Category, called "Classroom", in which I have the articles to be time released once a week.

<p>[cb:if cb_daysdiffquery&gt;="0"]</p> (different articles with different Time release 0, 8, 16, 31, etc)
CONTENT HERE
</br>
<p>[/cb:if]</p>

When I make a new subscription on the Edit Profile the Subscription date shows up empty and can be modified to set whatever date I want, which is good for testing the system, and it works fine.

The problem is that when I make a new subscription in the system the articles that are set to "0" do not show up, because at the time of Subscription date field shows empty.

How can I make it active?
So when the subscriber signs up that field is populated and the system starts to count the days automatically.

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #296501 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Time Release Content
You don't need fields for timed release. You can condition directly off their subscription date as shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18550-cbsubs-gpl-4-1-with-timed-content-taxes-inclusive-price-display-and-plan-substitutions-usable-anywhere

This is provided by CBSubs it self as CBSubs now includes a content prepare usage for substituting in CBSubs information and conditioning off it. See the cbpaidsubsbot description within Extensions > Plugins for further usage details.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

6 years 7 months ago #296502 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic Time Release Content
This is Totally Insane!!!!!!!!
I could not be happier!!

:laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #296988 by fede312
Replied by fede312 on topic Time Release Content "Inactive not working"
To make this string work

[cbsubs:if plan="1" status="X"]Your subscription has expired,
please renew today at our discounted price[/cbsubs:if]

This applies is the subscription is expired, but if the subscription is cancelled I will need to have a C instead of an X.

Do I have to create multiple rules?
One for Cancelled, and One for expired?

6 years 6 months ago #296989 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Time Release Content "Inactive not working"
You can have multiple conditions to check for multiple statuses. Example as follows.

[cbsubs:if plan="1" status="X" or plan="1" status="C"]Your subscription has expired or cancelled, please renew today at our discounted price[/cbsubs:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fede312

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds