[#7028] CB Auto Actions send email notification on article submission?

6 years 1 month ago #301578 by independentCog
Installed the System - CB Auto Actions and published and still, email does not get sent. Also to try something different setup uddieIM and configured to CB to test through private messages. Same result. Everything is set a described in my above screenshots. Tested with conditions and without them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #301581 by krileon
At this point I believe your issue is the substitutions you're attempting to use. Automatic likely isn't going to find a user object on that trigger. Try setting User to Self then see if it'll work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #301924 by independentCog
Negative. Putting it on Self and doesn't change anything. Have you been able to implement this?

6 years 1 month ago #301953 by krileon
Have tested and confirmed it's not working. It's due to CB Auto Actions not loading early enough, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about this. It has to load on Joomlas onAfterRender event and it seams Joomlas content dispatcher is prepared and executed before that. CB Auto Actions can't possibly load any earlier as it'd cause language loading issues with Joomlas language filter plugin breaking multilingual sites. So unfortunately you won't be able to do what you're wanting to.

Will review adding the option of selecting how early to load CB Auto Actions so you could at least toggle it to load earlier if needed and aren't using Joomlas language filter plugin.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7028

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: independentCog

6 years 1 month ago #301966 by independentCog
Thanks for putting forth the effort here. This would be a really nice thing for people to be able to do I'm sure so I hope this becomes available as an option through auto actions.

6 years 1 month ago #301970 by krileon
Feature implemented in latest release. Once installed simply edit the CB Auto Actions system plugin in Extensions > Plugins and you can select what Event it'll load on. I've confirmed onAfterInitialise works, but you may want to try onBeforeRender so it's not loading too early.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn