[#7028] CB Auto Actions send email notification on article submission?

6 years 1 month ago #302080 by krileon
Ok, tracked the error down to being a CB bug and is caused by the admin module when doing plugin version checking. Fixed the API in CB so it can't error and fixed the admin module usage as well. Should be available in a later CB release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7035

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: independentCog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302081 by independentCog
Thank you. After looking through the _content fields in phpmyadmin I think I have a much better idea of what this is doing.

[var2_created] would output the date it was created and so on based on the columns in the database that it's pulling the info from. I'll have to do some digging through the various db tables to see what I can do now.

Thank you very much for your time and patience in helping me get to this point.

I saw a link at one point related to a list of things people can do with auto actions. Now that I got this working to this point I'll work on adding this to that list. I'm sure somebody will get some use out it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 1 month ago #302160 by independentCog
As it is setup the email is sent on both article creation and whenever the article is edited and resubmitted.
I'd like the email to send only when the article is created.

I noticed that the onContentAfterSave has a third variable called isNew. What I'm asking here is if this can be used in a condition the way I think it can to check if the article is a newly created one or not. Is this true?

6 years 1 month ago #302182 by krileon

I noticed that the onContentAfterSave has a third variable called isNew. What I'm asking here is if this can be used in a condition the way I think it can to check if the article is a newly created one or not. Is this true?

If it's the third variable you can access it with [var3]. Yes, you should be able to condition against it fine. Its values are likely true/false or 1/0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn