[#7028] CB Auto Actions send email notification on article submission?

6 years 2 months ago #301400 by independentCog
I had tried that before and using [var1] and [var2] and it didn't work. I also saw no log or change in the joomla debug. Not very familiar with that yet so perhaps I missed it. On the first condition with the value being set to 1 is that correct? Would [var2_192] be looking for a boolean value or something more specific? Has anything like this been done before using auto actions and been documented?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301401 by krileon
Your first condition is still wrong. You need to use literal [var2_id]. Do not replace the "id" with the actual id of the article. The id of the article goes on the right side. Example as follows.

[var2_id] Equal To 192

That would match the article with an id of 192.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301425 by independentCog
=/

My bad. I had that entirely mixed up in my head.

Email is still not sending. I have debug on everything and nothing is getting flagged that I can see related to this.

I set the trigger to something I had tested previous with OnUserLogin and the email is sending fine so the action portion is ok.

I've attached screenshots of the Global, Conditions, Output, and Parameters tabs in case there is possibly something in them I'm missing.
Attachments:

6 years 2 months ago #301455 by krileon
Try removing the conditions and see if it sends. If not please be sure the CB Auto Actions system plugin is installed and published within Extensions > Plugins as it's responsible for loading CB Auto Actions early enough to bind to Joomla events.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301529 by independentCog
I disabled the conditions and the email doesn't send. Is CB Auto Actions the exact name of the plugin? I went through all of them and didn't see it. I also have the latest version of auto actions installed. Where can I find the download for that particular extension?

6 years 2 months ago #301544 by krileon
The system plugin is named "System - CB Auto Actions". Sounds like you may not have it installed. Without it CB can only act on Joomla events were CB has already loaded (e.g. a login trigger).

Where can I find the download for that particular extension?

All our downloads are on our downloads page below. Be sure to expand the Joomla plugins category as it's a Joomla system plugin.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

For a more simplified downloads page you can use the below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/simple

You can also use the built in "Install from Web" within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn