Ability for members to offer gift subscriptions to other members?

6 years 6 months ago #298251 by liaskas
Hello

This has been discussed before (about 3 years ago) in the following thread...
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/87-presales/223803-cbsubs-and-coupons-gifts

but there was no solution back then. The ability for members to offer gift subscriptions to other members came up for us again as a must have for a community website.

So...

Having in mind that this tutorial...
www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/18407-purchasing-discount-coupons

works like a charm and with this tutorial a user can order a Merchandise plan for coupon that he can offer to other user, the big question is...

how will he offer it? He does not know any contact details of the receiver! Most members on most communities do not have e-mail public.

Example...

I visit your profile.

When i am viewing it i have an option to activate a gift subscription for you, directly from your profile (tab, button, anything). I pay, activate it... and you receive a system mail that member X has activated a gift subsription for you.

I am not a programmer and i do not know how hard this may be.

Maybe this can already be done through auto actions or some other plugin. If so... please guide us!

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298262 by krileon
You could use UddeIM and built in Private Message System plugin to just send them a private message with the coupon code so they don't need to know another users email address. There is no gifting functionality in CBSubs and CB Auto Actions can not add such a large feature without using Code actions and extensive amounts of PHP, which would be impossible to implement with no programming experience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn