Summary Tab in Profile Edit

6 years 4 months ago #299134 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

Is there a way to not show the requirement error of how many checkboxes need to be selected until they click update? As soon as I click the first checkbox it shows me an error. Please select at least 3 options. This is not a huge big deal but I am just wondering. Just trying to figure out the system to make my decisions on how to tweak this.

Nope, validation kicks in as soon as the field value begins changing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299155 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit
What I think will be best is tabbed information entered in profile edit for an application only visible to us and them. Then have that summary page we discussed. However I would like to hide those profile edit tabs and generate the content entered with that CB Content Bot somehow on their profile. I believe I can set the tabs to be private for only admin and them too see in profile edit correct? Or assign them not on profile positions? But how can I compile a page of results to show on their public profile with all the tabs information combined? Would I use a HTML field in a tab using CB Content Bot like the summary page? So I can copy that code into that to duplicate it?

If so how would file/photo uploads look in that? Will the CB Content Bot work with that as well or is that best suited for textual content output?

6 years 4 months ago #299159 by krileon
I don't quite understand why you need a summary page to begin with. All that information should be visible on their profile making it basically a summary page. Any information you want kept private you can make it so it's only visible to the profile owner and CB Moderators using CB Privacy. To do this you'd use the following under Integrations > CB Privacy for your tabs/fields.

Display: Forced privacy control
Default: Private

I believe you're over complicating showing them what they've already entered. Just let their profile display as is with the above privacy controls and there should be no concern with further configuration. If you still insist on a summary page or summery tab then as explained before you need to use substitutions to substitute in those tabs/fields. You do not need CB Content Bot to do this on profile as you'd just use Custom HTML fields. See the below tutorial for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Regarding image fields you just have to substitute in the HTML of the field and it'll display the actual image. This is done using [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] substitutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299161 by Spiralmind
I have to finish going over this with my client to make sure this is the way they want it.

The reasons for doing it this way are:

1. With 64 options and only 8 required I need to break these up into tabs for so the page is not a mile long and easier for me to manage by filtering by tabs when making this beast.
2. So the 8 things they have selected to be laid out like I want. If they have one in each category I don't want public visitors to have to open 6 tabs to see one thing.
3. I want instructions on each page that are not shown on the frontend.
* I may go with a single tab and do it like you suggest using privcy for the various things I want hidden like instructions.
These are the things I don't think I can do without it. Please advise.
4. To possibly show that point total you said may be possible with PHP.
5. Mostly just because I may be making some tabs required that open from other options so the profile edit and public display is going to be different.

6. A way to copy all info to archive it in a file? Not sure yet but each year they may have to do this over again. Still trying to figure out how to do this.

I will discuss with my client and see but if you can weigh in on this more.

Is there some reason I cannot order fields in the backend with AJAX like other things. Dragging them is a nice method. Just curious because you have it in some places like ordering multicheckbox vaules, etc. Changing the order with numbers is sufficient it's more of a question.

Thank you

6 years 4 months ago #299164 by krileon

1. With 64 options and only 8 required I need to break these up into tabs for so the page is not a mile long and easier for me to manage by filtering by tabs when making this beast.

No matter what you do that's a lot of configuration regardless. Your best option is to use a single mulicheckbox and use the Rows and Columns parameters so it displays nicely as a grid. That would be a lot better than having 64 individual checkboxes across multiple tabs.

2. So the 8 things they have selected to be laid out like I want. If they have one in each category I don't want public visitors to have to open 6 tabs to see one thing.

You can substitute fields into other tabs or even entire tabs into other tabs using substitutions in a Custom HTML field. See the substitution tutorial linked to in my above reply.

3. I want instructions on each page that are not shown on the frontend.

You can add instructions using Custom HTML fields. Where and who they display to is entirely up to you using built in ACL of the fields tab, setting the field not to display at specific locations, or more advanced display controls using CB Privacy or CB Conditional.

6. A way to copy all info to archive it in a file? Not sure yet but each year they may have to do this over again. Still trying to figure out how to do this.

We've no functionality for this at all. Best I can suggest is just manually exporting the database using phpmyadmin or maybe CB Juice.

Is there some reason I cannot order fields in the backend with AJAX like other things. Dragging them is a nice method. Just curious because you have it in some places like ordering multicheckbox vaules, etc. Changing the order with numbers is sufficient it's more of a question.

We just don't have drag and drop ordering in the table views at this time. We'll be implementing that in a later release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 4 months ago #299170 by Spiralmind

No matter what you do that's a lot of configuration regardless. Your best option is to use a single mulicheckbox and use the Rows and Columns parameters so it displays nicely as a grid. That would be a lot better than having 64 individual checkboxes across multiple tabs.

Can you explain this a bit more? Rows and columns new to me here.

Also I found that each checkbox selection must have a text area field in it to fill in which I make required so once they select one it opens that text area up so they can fill it in. The one thing that may be a problem is these new conditional fields open up under all the checkboxes in that set. I don't suppose there is any way to have them open directly under the checkbox itself? I am sure the answer is no but this may force me to use single checkboxes vs multicheckboxes. Not ideal but my client may insist it's all together in the frontend view. Another reason laying this out manually may work better.

I want to say you have been extremely helpful and I am amazed how powerful this system is. I am surprised I have not heard more about it. I have certainly heard about it being a Joomla user for many years. Just never how powerful and well supported it is. I want you to know how much I appreciate you developing this. It's weird because I was drawn to this when they approached me and did not even look at any other system. Also I was married in Lausanne in 2005. Do you go to the Montreux Jazz Festival too?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn