Summary Tab in Profile Edit

6 years 4 months ago #299327 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit
Wow, a couple things I am noticing. I have it showing on the profile but not how I envisioned it. Sorry I am so confused by this.

It appears anything I place in the Profile Value Layout area shows up whether the fields are checked, filled in, etc. I was hoping that only fields that were filled in would display this information on the profile. So anything added in this shows up all the time? That's not going to work then unless only items they completed are going to show up. I need the descriptions to show up too which is why I was really really hoping this was how I could do it.

Secondly if I just let the tabs show up leaving that profile value layout empty I get a YesNoNoNo for each tab and anything filled in is all combined with not HTML tags anymore. The instructions don't make sense to me to whether this is possible.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299328 by Spiralmind
I know you guys are busy over there but if I can't figure this out I am stuck again. I thought I had all the details sorted out but now I am not sure judging by this.

So what needs to be displayed on the profile to the public based off the information filled in during the edit is:

1. Tab Description only if something from that tab was entered. This is how I will add the category name since they are too long to use for tab titles. I am open to any method of showing this somehow, it does not need to be the tab description I guess.
2. Field descriptions of any filled in
3. Tabs with fields that were filled in formatted in HTML
4. The field titles, they are not showing up now at all
5. Don't show the Yes or No on what's done.

I was really set on using tabs in the edit area to split these up and then be able to combine the completed fields with descriptions on a single tab on the profile view. If I have to do this all manually using field subs then that's worst case but I must be able to show the descriptions or I will have to use custom HTML for every single checkbox which is not idea either.

Thank you

6 years 4 months ago #299352 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

It appears anything I place in the Profile Value Layout area shows up whether the fields are checked, filled in, etc. I was hoping that only fields that were filled in would display this information on the profile. So anything added in this shows up all the time? That's not going to work then unless only items they completed are going to show up. I need the descriptions to show up too which is why I was really really hoping this was how I could do it.

The layout is always displayed. If you only want your custom text displayed when a checkbox is checked use an IF substitution around your layout. Again, see the substitution tutorial for details (IF usage examples at bottom of tutorial).

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Example as follows.

[cb:if cb_checkbox="1"][value] This is my custom text![/cb:if]

Secondly if I just let the tabs show up leaving that profile value layout empty I get a YesNoNoNo for each tab and anything filled in is all combined with not HTML tags anymore. The instructions don't make sense to me to whether this is possible.

All substitutions by default don't include their formatting. You need to specify this. This is documented in our substitution tutorial below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Example as follows.

[cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID" formatting="divs" /]

I know you guys are busy over there but if I can't figure this out I am stuck again. I thought I had all the details sorted out but now I am not sure judging by this.

I can not stress this enough; read the substitution tutorial carefully. Try substitution usages out. It does absolutely no harm to try out substitution usages. Several examples are provided and descriptions of each substitutions functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299368 by Spiralmind
Hello, so this is totally possible using cb:if in the Profile Value Layout inputs areas? Can I use a editor and include HTML tags in side the This is my custom text! portion?

Thank you

6 years 4 months ago #299370 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

Hello, so this is totally possible using cb:if in the Profile Value Layout inputs areas?

Yes.

Can I use a editor and include HTML tags in side the This is my custom text! portion?

Yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299372 by Spiralmind
Then I am going to be busy for awhile!

Thank you for helping me clear this up. Happy Holidays
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn