Summary Tab in Profile Edit

6 years 5 months ago #299413 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

The layout is always displayed. If you only want your custom text displayed when a checkbox is checked use an IF substitution around your layout. Again, see the substitution tutorial for details (IF usage examples at bottom of tutorial).

Hello, actually what I will be doing is using the text area fields to display all the info. The checkbox only opens them to input the text. I'll add the checkbox details as custom text in the profile value layout in the text area.

So I am trying this on one but no output is showing up on my profile.

I have the tab with the custom HTML field set to public, I can see the title and description on the profile so I know it's rendering the tab, etc.

The custom HTML field has this [cb:usertab tab="25" formatting="divs" /] the tab ID is 25. This seems to work as you indicated with HTML output

However, I am not able to get the profile edit to work. I have tried reading the substitution instructions but nothing seems to correlate to my issue.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299418 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

However, I am not able to get the profile edit to work. I have tried reading the substitution instructions but nothing seems to correlate to my issue.

You're modifying the Profile Value Layout. That affects profile view only. It does not modify profile edit. Sorry, I don't understand what your issue is. The fields aren't showing in profile edit?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299419 by Spiralmind
Hello, this is exactly my intention. I want to layout the profile view for public user to see what they have done in their profile bassed on the various tabs they filled out during the application.

So the edit profile is where it's broken up into tabs and choices for organizational reasons. Then the half dozen or so choices they fill in will be displayed in a single area on the frontend to the public.

Most of the information will be text entered in the text area that opens up when a checkbox is checked and the editor field opens and is required. So I want to use this field not the checkbox to be shown if it's got anything entered into it. I will add custom text to fill in the rest but cannot figure out how to show this. I am not understanding the values to put in. The screenshots were what I have and does not work. If I add anything outside the [cb:if cb_checkbox="1"][value] This is my custom text![/cb:if] it shows up on the frontend but nothing inside of these does.

So how can I set the text area to if and only be shown if something is in there?

Thank you

6 years 5 months ago #299421 by krileon
You need to change cb_checkbox to whatever the actual name of your checkbox field is. Please understand I am providing simple examples. I've no clue what you named your fields. Please read the below tutorial thoroughly. Please try things out. The IF substitution usage is detailed in the below tutorial with several examples.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

For example [cb:if cb_checkbox="1"]This field is checked![/cb:if] will check if the checkbox field with the name of cb_checkbox has been checked. Checkbox fields store their values using 1 (yes) and 0|NULL (no). So checking against 1 is best way to see if it has been checked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299425 by Spiralmind
So I seemed to have found some clue on my own.

[cb:if cb_category1a="1"][value] <p>This is Checkbox</p>[cb:userdata field="cb_cat1anarrative" /][/cb:if]

My last question is how could I show a field in a tab only if something in that tab is checked? I need to show one custom HTML field if something in that tab is checked. I need this for a description in my profile layout to describe the category. If they select no items in that category I do not want to show it. This would be very helpful for me.

Thanks

6 years 4 months ago #299545 by krileon
Best way to do that is use CB Conditional and condition your Custom HTML field to show if your checkbox field has a value of 1.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn