Summary Tab in Profile Edit

6 years 4 months ago #299548 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit
Hello, this seems daunting since there will be 10 or more checkbox options per tab and none need to be required. You are saying I need to set this for all checkboxes in case they select one? Perhaps there is another way?

My goal is simply to show the tab description if there are any fields checked in that tab.

Since I am not actually using the tab on the profile but instead doing replacements with fields in a HTML field to show all my selected items is there some better way to show the tab description?

Could something be set in the Custom HTML field I am using in my tab replacement code? I hate to have to set up conditions for every single checkbox.

[cb:usertab tab="25" /]
[cb:usertab tab="31" /]
[cb:usertab tab="32" /]
[cb:usertab tab="33" /]
[cb:usertab tab="34" /]
[cb:usertab tab="35" /]

This seems to be my last issue I cannot figure out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299560 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

My goal is simply to show the tab description if there are any fields checked in that tab.

Then you need to use CB Conditional for that if your tab description is a Custom HTML field. CB Conditional 5.x supports AND/OR cases now. So you'd have to add an OR case for each checkbox on that tab. It's also possible to do AND/OR cases with substitution IF usages. Example as follows.

AND
[cb:if cb_checkbox1="1" and cb_checkbox2="1"]Both fields are checked![/cb:if]

OR
[cb:if cb_checkbox1="1" or cb_checkbox2="1"]At least 1 checkbox is checked[/cb:if]

Which method you use is entirely up to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299564 by Spiralmind
I'd prefer to just show the actual tab description field but it does not show up for me doing it this way. Is there a way to just show the description instead inside these placeholders? Sure would be a lot easier this way.

[cb:usertab tab="25" /]
[cb:usertab tab="31" /]
[cb:usertab tab="32" /]
[cb:usertab tab="33" /]
[cb:usertab tab="34" /]
[cb:usertab tab="35" /]

6 years 4 months ago #299567 by krileon
The tab description shows in profile edit only. It does not show in profile view and no you can't make it show in profile view. You will have to use a Custom HTML field for that, which you can condition using the above examples. You can even condition the tab it self to only display if one of its checkboxes is checked in your substitution usage. Example as follows.

[cb:if cb_checkbox1="1" or cb_checkbox2="1"][cb:usertab tab="25" /][/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299972 by Spiralmind

Best way to do that is use CB Conditional and condition your Custom HTML field to show if your checkbox field has a value of 1.

I need to create a second summary tab with different fields that are text fields not checkboxes. I read the substitutions page until my eyes were crossed and don't see how do an if with text fields.

I am not having luck with =1 so I assume that only works for checkboxes.

My hope is to only show the text fields that are filled in. I want to have other text around the values. cb_joinedbc is a text field I have.
[cb:if cb_joinedbc???]Text before[cb:userdata field="cb_joinedbc" /]text after[/cb:if]

If the if method does not work for text fields is there another way?

Thank you

6 years 4 months ago #299980 by krileon
For text fields you'd simply check that it's not empty. Example as follows.

[cb:if cb_joinedbc!=""]Text before[cb:userdata field="cb_joinedbc" /]text after[/cb:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn