Summary Tab in Profile Edit

6 years 4 months ago #299081 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit
Then in CB Auto Actions on the after user update trigger redirect them to that Joomla article (use non-SEF beginning with index.php for the URL).

This may not be what I am looking for. What is going to trigger this in the first place? That's the problem I have, too many variables for an automated trigger. I just don't know how to go about setting up a trigger. I could post the requirements my client sent me. It's a mess to set an online system to do.

I really want them to see what they have done in a tab and have checkboxes to trigger the actions. Nothing else seems doable. They have 64 choices and only need to pick 8. So a progress option is out since I can't know what they will choose. A required field option is out since not all categories have any requirements in them. It's really a matter of them seeing what they have done and clicking a checkbox then the update button to trigger something. This needs to be in a tab I think?

Can the database queries be shown in a tab at all?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #299082 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Summary Tab in Profile Edit

This may not be what I am looking for. What is going to trigger this in the first place? That's the problem I have, too many variables for an automated trigger. I just don't know how to go about setting up a trigger. I could post the requirements my client sent me. It's a mess to set an online system to do.

It would just redirect every time they update their profile. If you need it to do so only after specific conditions you can configure those under the Conditions tab.

I really want them to see what they have done in a tab and have checkboxes to trigger the actions. Nothing else seems doable. They have 64 choices and only need to pick 8. So a progress option is out since I can't know what they will choose. A required field option is out since not all categories have any requirements in them. It's really a matter of them seeing what they have done and clicking a checkbox then the update button to trigger something. This needs to be in a tab I think?

I suggest using a single multicheckbox field and set Minimum Select to 8. That should guarantee at least 8 options are selected.

Can the database queries be shown in a tab at all?

Yes, but if they haven't saved their profile it hasn't been stored yet. So there's nothing to query for. In addition to that it doesn't just dynamically update the query field on your tab. To dynamically refresh a field you need to use Update On provided by CB Core Fields Ajax, which even if used you again can't utilize CB Query Field because nothing is stored yet.

Clicking the Update button saves the profile and redirects them to profile view. It doesn't just stay on profile edit and open a tab nor can it unless you setup a redirect to do that, which wouldn't make any sense to do and would be beneficial to just redirect to an actual summary page. Even if you redirected back to profile edit you still don't need CB Query Field as you can just substitute the fields in using a Custom HTML field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299085 by Spiralmind
Hi Kyle, this gives me some new hope for a success. I never really had a doubt there was a way but have never been so confused either. I do like the idea you have and need to look at this more.

Can a button be added to this article to go back to editing again? I don't want it to be confusing, I was told there will be less than tech savvy folks applying. So if after every save it takes them to a page with what's been done that sound pretty good but can other things be on there like a return to editing button, etc?

I suggest using a single multicheckbox field and set Minimum Select to 8. That should guarantee at least 8 options are selected.

The issue is when they pick a checkbox it needs to open a text field to add some information to. Can a multicheckbox do this? Conditionals on each checkbox? This would be much nicer than my current method. The other issues is all this needs to be shown on the public side so empty info needs to be hidden. I have 2 conditions set for each now. Once that shows the text field when the checkbox is selected and one that hides it on the public side if it's empty. Any ideas on this?

I am very excited again that new things are coming to light. Thank you very much for your help on this!

6 years 4 months ago #299086 by krileon

Can a button be added to this article to go back to editing again? I don't want it to be confusing, I was told there will be less than tech savvy folks applying. So if after every save it takes them to a page with what's been done that sound pretty good but can other things be on there like a return to editing button, etc?

It's just an article so you can add whatever HTML you want. If you add a button that links to the below then yes it'll take them back to profile edit.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userdetails

You can actually substitute in the profile edit URL as well using the below.

[cb:url location="profile_edit" /]

The issue is when they pick a checkbox it needs to open a text field to add some information to. Can a multicheckbox do this? Conditionals on each checkbox?

Yes, you can use a Contains or REGEXP operator to match multiselect usages. Example as follows.

Field: cb_multiselect
Operator: Is REGEXP
Value: /VALUE_1|VALUE_2|VALUE_3/

Separate each value with a |. Note this is REGEXP so be sure your values don't contain special characters or you'll need to escape them. I suggest they be simple and unique.

I have 2 conditions set for each now. Once that shows the text field when the checkbox is selected and one that hides it on the public side if it's empty. Any ideas on this?

Just set CB to hide empty fields within CB > Configuration > User Profile. You shouldn't need a second condition for this. Also your second condition won't work as you're using it now in CB Conditional 5.0.0 as I'm rewriting it. Conditioning the same field twice is not supported (even if in separate locations) and will be enforced with 5.0.0 as it's causing a lot of serious conflict problems, but 5.0.0 is implementing AND/OR conditioning.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #299091 by Spiralmind
Hello, will the summary page only show the things they have selected? Sorry, my head is spinning.

So my last question before I start working on this would be if I can somehow assign a point value to my fields to display on that summary page. Each choice they make has a point value of 1 or 2 points depending on it's importance. Now ideally adding these up would be huge but just showing it next to the outputted field is sufficient. It's just a reference for us and them to see unless they could be calculated.

Could this be done in the field settings somewhere or in the summary page's HTML?

6 years 4 months ago #299092 by krileon

Hello, will the summary page only show the things they have selected? Sorry, my head is spinning.

That's for you to decide. You have to completely configure it with your own HTML and substitutions. See the below substitution tutorial on how to substitute in CB content. It also supports IF conditions for substitutions.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

So my last question before I start working on this would be if I can somehow assign a point value to my fields to display on that summary page. Each choice they make has a point value of 1 or 2 points depending on it's importance. Now ideally adding these up would be huge but just showing it next to the outputted field is sufficient. It's just a reference for us and them to see unless they could be calculated.

Yes, but as I've told you before you have to code this entirely your self. We have no such functionality. You can use a code field for example and write the necessary PHP to determine a total points value or however you wish to do it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn