[SOLVED] Gallery upload not working for each user only

6 years 4 months ago #300064 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Gallery upload not working for each user only

The rest seems to be working now, I had not set the document menu item to not allow photos. So the field and menu item were not in agreement. This menu thing is strange. Both menu items are set to the values you said should work. They are the correct field IDs.

CB Gallery has no idea what menu item is associated with what asset when using links from profile so it will use the first CB Gallery menu item it finds, but the parameters of that menu item won't have any affect on it since the stream id has been provided. Best I can suggest is having 3 menu items. First one being generic then the other two being as you've configured. There is no way for CB Gallery to do a menu item lookup based off the asset menu parameter, sorry.

I am also seeing this in the media plugin list.

Guessing during some test usages you had the asset wrong. It's either wrong in the field (which should just be empty) or the menu item for those tests. See my previous reply regarding field asset.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300066 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Gallery upload not working for each user only
So this really is not going to work is what I am getting from you?

I thought adding the gallery asset id would make the menu item be the same gallery in the profile tab? This is not the case and I cannot link to the gallery upload from the profile edit without all these issues?

6 years 4 months ago #300073 by krileon

So this really is not going to work is what I am getting from you?

Of course it works, but the URLs from the field and tab won't match your menus. They'll still work as configured in the tab or field though.

I thought adding the gallery asset id would make the menu item be the same gallery in the profile tab?

It does.

This is not the case and I cannot link to the gallery upload from the profile edit without all these issues?

You'd just link to that menu item. Typically this is as simple as using "index.php?Itemid=MENU_ID_HERE", which Joomla should turn into a menu URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #300100 by Spiralmind
I stumbled onto something just now. If you are in profile and go the gallery tab and click upload then click back the URL is /cb-profile?tab=39 and the other is /cb-profile?tab=43 which when logged in works as a direct link to this tab.

Sorry, I did not need to go to an actual upload page but linking to a tab is more than fine.

Sorry for all the confusion. Hopefully something positive came from this like the new menu item you added.

Thank you

6 years 4 months ago #300103 by krileon

It's not working for me. You are saying this will work but it does not. You say it will work but then you say the gallery can't figure out a menu item so I am totally confused.

What about it is not working? Notice both urls have "&stream=". That's the ID for rebuilding the stream. It doesn't care what menu item it's on. Nor is it going to match the menu item by asset (there is no way to do this efficiently). It will rebuild and use the parameters of the tab and/or field depending on where you're coming from. This is the case when navigating around the gallery from the tab or field, which is fine unless you don't like the SEF URL. The menu items were created purely so you could link to the tab and field galleries easily, which you can do using index.php?Itemid=MENU_ID_HERE as Joomla will parse those (or should at least). Your menu item parameters need to match that of the tab/field respectfully.

Can an anchor be placed in the tab to allow linking? A custom HTML field with an anchor tag that links to the tab?

I've no idea what tab you're talking about. You can't upload to a gallery from profile edit. The entire point of the menu items was to allow you to link directly to the Upload pages of your profile and field galleries using a standard URL in an Custom HTML field.

As for this, I deleted all gallery items and this happens when I upload from the tab and then from the menu link. They are like 2 separate places.

Because the asset is wrong in 1 of them. Leave the Asset parameter in the Gallery tab and your field empty. The gallery tab will use the below asset.

profile,uploads

The above is internally parsed as follows.

profile.USER_ID,profile.USER_ID.uploads

The gallery field will use the below asset.

profile.USER_ID.field.FIELD_ID

For the menu items you'd have 1 with asset set to profile,uploads and another with asset set to profile.[user_id].field.FIELD_ID.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 4 months ago #300105 by Spiralmind
Yes, I edited my response because the solution would not work for me. If I cannot link directly to a menu item which is the same as the upload in the profile tab it's not working. You said that's not going to work yourself so we can agree on that. Creating 3 menu items was a possible solution but I had no idea you could link to a tab.

This is a better solution since they can first see what they already have uploaded by going to the tab vs a upload field. This was my fault as I specifically wanted a link to upload but I meant either link to the profile tab or upload. I just did not really realize the difference until now.

I apologize for that and all the hassle here. Again, I hope the new menu item option is helpful for others and worth your time.

Owe you one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn