How I get my site to show the location in mile

6 years 4 months ago #300024 by TaroWebWiz
How I make my stream location in mile and feet to show the distance between each member??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300058 by krileon
We have no functionality for that. By stream location I assume you mean the location usage in CB Activity. All it does is show a google maps clickable link to the specified location. It does not do anything more than that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #300210 by TaroWebWiz
If don’t have feature I suggest you build it it is most important feature in social media dating or hookup sites

6 years 4 months ago #300220 by krileon
There are no plans to implement such a feature at this time. They depend on 3rd party APIs like Google Maps and I have no intentions of forcing Googles JS onto anyones site. CB Activity isn't designed for dating or hookup sites to begin with so it's a usecase outside of its design scope.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302764 by MMDoege
You may have a look at
TechJoomla's "PeopleSuggest" and "Mutual Friends for Community Builder & Jomsocial", both have CB Plugins.
and
PHPFactory's "Love Factory" having no CB Plugins.

Not sure if any of the above has somehwat like a radius search or distance calculation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn