privacy settings on rendered page

6 years 4 months ago #300343 by morgenster
privacy settings on rendered page was created by morgenster
I have a list of fields, i.e. firstname, middlename, lastname.
The fields are hidden on the profile page but visible on edit profiel page

On the user profile page I rendered the names like [firstname] [middlename] [lastname] with subtitutions by using a custom field cb_name_front

When I enable CB Privacy on i.e. the Firstname the settings are not displayed on the 'edit profie' page

I can only set the privacy settings on the cb_name_front field because it's visible on the frontend profile page.

Is it possible to set privacy settings on i.e. 'middlename' and 'lastname' to private so the rendered field cb_name_front only shows the firstname?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300380 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic privacy settings on rendered page

Is it possible to set privacy settings on i.e. 'middlename' and 'lastname' to private so the rendered field cb_name_front only shows the firstname?

Yes, move firstname, middlename, and lastname to a tab that's in a not shown on profile position then set those fields to display on profile. Next replace your [FIELD_NAME] substitutions with [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] usages. [FIELD_NAME] substitutions always output raw database values and ignore access checks, which is why they ignore privacy while userfield substitutions will respect access and privacy. See the below tutorial for further substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: morgenster

6 years 3 months ago #301035 by morgenster
Replied by morgenster on topic privacy settings on rendered page
I set privacy for my email to private.
The user can't see the emailadress on my user profile page.

On top of my canvas is a tab 'messages' to send message with uddeIM and send email to user.
The emailadress on this tab is visible to all users.

I tried to disable this by Settings - general - don't display e-mail.
Now I can't see any emailadress

Does the menu "cbMenu_UE_MENU_SENDUSEREMAIL" respect the privacy settings? Is there a workaround?

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic privacy settings on rendered page

Does the menu "cbMenu_UE_MENU_SENDUSEREMAIL" respect the privacy settings?

Correct.

Is there a workaround?

Beyond turning it off, no. You can disable it within CB > Configuration > General by setting "Email Handling" to something other than "Display Link to Email Form".

With the way CB Menu currently functions it may not be possible for me to protect that from CB Privacy until CB Menu usage has been rewritten, but I've added a feature ticket to see if that can be implemented.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6979

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn