[SOLVED] Captcha removal

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301008 by TJFrazier
[SOLVED] Captcha removal was created by TJFrazier
Hi,

I've just updated CB to the latest version from 1.9. I'm trying to set up a captcha on the registration form and was going to use the CB antispam however I have ended up with a captcha on the form that won't work despite having uninstalled both the CB anti-spam and the joomla captcha-recaptcha. I have attached an image of the bottom of the form. Any ideas please?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #301011 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Captcha removal
I've no idea what captcha that is. I'm guessing something third part. CB Captcha is officially replaced by CB AntiSpam. Suggest installing latest CB AntiSpam and it'll migrate CB Captcha if installed. If that captcha is still visible check within CB > Plugin Management to see if you've a 3rd party captcha plugin installed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301021 by TJFrazier
Replied by TJFrazier on topic Captcha removal
Hi,

Could it be the remnants of an early version of CB captcha - The path to the speaker picture relates to a CB plugin (see below) but there are none currently installed - Any idea how to remove it? What will happen if I just delete the directory?

I don't know if it will help but I've also attached a text file with the relevant page source code.

Thanks & regards
Attachments:

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301046 by TJFrazier
I don't know if you've seen my latest post yet or not as I haven't had a reply. However, since then I removed the directory and it disappeared and now the form works OK. However I have now enabled Captcha-recaptcha and this is working on other forms and on the front page editing but I can't get any captcha system to work on the registration form. Your help would be appreciated as I am already getting spammers hitting the registration form.

6 years 2 months ago #301057 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Captcha removal
Sounds like CB Captcha was never uninstalled or uninstalled correctly. CB AntiSpam will uninstall it automatically and migrate it on install. Your 3rd party captcha will not work in CB unless it's designed to work in CB. Again, use CB AntiSpam for captcha throughout CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301059 by TJFrazier
Unfortunately I use a module called Payment Forms by Ossolution and this wont work with CB antispam it will only work with Captcha-recaptcha. Can't I Use this with CB?
I have tried installing antispam but then I had to uninstall it to get the Payment system working. It all worked in harmony before the upgrades.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn