[SOLVED] Captcha removal

6 years 3 months ago #301061 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Captcha removal

Can't I Use this with CB?

CB AntiSpam can be configured to use whatever Joomlas captcha plugin is set to. You can give that a try, but it's no guarantee and is only tested with core Joomla captcha plugins which properly utilize Joomlas captcha API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301073 by TJFrazier
Replied by TJFrazier on topic Captcha removal
OK, thanks. I've re-installed CB antispam and set it all up as follows:

CB antispam: set to global
Captch-Recaptcha plugin - set up for V2
Joomla Global config - site - default captcha - Captcha-Recaptcha
Users-Options-Captcha - CB antispam (Have also tried Captcha-Recaptcha

Everything works now apart from the registration form

Any further ideas please?

6 years 3 months ago #301074 by krileon
If you want CB AntiSpam to use Joomlas captcha then you need to set the "Mode" in CB AntiSpam > Parameters > General to "Joomla". To use captcha on CBs registration page then be sure to set the antispam_captcha field in CB > Field Management to display on registration.

There is no guarantee it'll work well with 3rd party Joomla captcha extensions. If they don't use the Joomlas API exactly as core Joomla captcha plugins do (this is utilizing the API correctly) and are validating on their own triggers (like Joomla user store triggers) it likely isn't going to work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301075 by TJFrazier
Thanks, I've set the "Mode" in CB AntiSpam > Parameters > General to "Joomla".

However, there isn't a field in CB > Field Management called antispam_captcha - Is this the problem? - how do I add it?

............... I've re-installed antispam from scratch now and I have the extra fields now and the captcha field is set to display on registration.

It works on the login & "forgot login" pages - just registration page wont work

6 years 3 months ago #301093 by krileon
What do you mean registration page won't work? It doesn't display or it won't validate? Registration captcha is entirely output by the antispam_captcha field. It needs to be set to display on registration and be on a published tab like any other field that you'd display on registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 3 months ago #301186 by TJFrazier
Hi,

Sorry, I didn't explain very well. Antispam_captcha is installed OK, It's set to display on registration and is published. The registration page appears and works but without the Captcha showing on the page, The captcha type is set to Joomla.

In CB Plugins/ parameters tab / legacy, if I set Login to enable it appears OK on the login form.

In CB Plugins/ parameters tab / legacy, if I set Forgot-login to enable It appears on the forgot password/user name forms.

The global Joomla captcha-recaptcha is working OK on other forms in the shop and events booking areas.

It is only the registration form where the captcha field won't appear.

I think it is all set up OK - I've attached some screen shots to show what I mean
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn