Activity menu item very slow

6 years 3 months ago #301031 by Buzz50
Activity menu item very slow was created by Buzz50
I have set up an Activitry menu item using the defaults, nothing changed on the 'Activity' tab.

When it is clicked, the page load takes around 31 seconds which is a very long time.
I had emptied the table and there are only 161 rows at the moment.
The rest of the site runs well; we are on a dedicated server with Easyspace.

The only activities being recorded are image related for now.

Have you any ideas why the page load should be so slow?

It is fast if I empty the table again and have only ten rows ;)

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301052 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity menu item very slow
Please ensure you've latest CB Activity 4.2.0 installed as significant performance improvements have been made. As for why it's loading slow for you my best guess is you've adjusted the paging parameters and maybe are trying to load your entire database worth of activity on a single page. Ensure within CB Activity > Parameters > Activity > Paging you've a reasonable value set for "Page First Limit" and "Page Limit".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn