Emails not sending

6 years 3 months ago #301041 by TJFrazier
Emails not sending was created by TJFrazier
Hi,

After upgrading from 1.9 to 2.13 the registration emails stopped sending. In global settings I have now tried changing my current setting of smtp to sendmail and now it sends an email to the registrant but not to the administrator.

I really want to change the global config back to smtp as we had other issues with Joomla and Kunena emails not sending emails.

Any ideas why things changed with the upgrade. Other modules in Joomla are sending emails OK with either sendmail or smtp.

Thanks & regards

Tony

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301056 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Emails not sending
CB 1.x to CB 2.x is a migration. Please re-review all configuration and ensure everything is configured properly. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration to expose errors during testing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301077 by TJFrazier
Replied by TJFrazier on topic Emails not sending
Hi,

This is the error message I get when submitting the registration form:

Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate CN=`*.extendcp.co.uk' did not match expected CN=`mail.Mysite.com' in /home/sites/Mysite.com/public_html/libraries/CBLib/CBPHPMailer/CBSMTP.php on line 373

Does that shed any light on it?

6 years 3 months ago #301094 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Emails not sending
Your SMTP certificate is invalid. You're trying to use it on the domain extendcp.co.uk and it's only valid for mail.Mysite.com. Change the SMTP Host within Joomla global configuration to mail.Mysite.com or contact your host for proper configuration instructions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds