Notification of comments by PM or email

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301078 by Buzz50
Is it possible to have notification of comments from Gallery entries or Activity by PM or Email?

If the solution is to use an Auto Action the who would the To be? [user_id] sends it to the person making the comment rather than the Gallery owner.

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301095 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notification of comments by PM or email
You could just use the "CB Gallery - Comment Notification" system action, which will send notifications to the owner of the media when someone comments on it. If you want to send an email instead suggest just saving a copy of that system action then changing the Type to Email. The user id of the user making the comment would be [var3_user_id] and the media owner user id would be [var2_user_id].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301105 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Notification of comments by PM or email
Thanks Kyle

I published "CB Gallery - Comment Notification" system action but no PM's seem to be sending

Any ideas?

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

6 years 3 months ago #301106 by krileon

Am I able to create a new Auto Action - Private Message to do this?

Yes, change the Type to Private Message.

If so, What do I put in the Private Message To and from as [var3_user_id] and [var2_user_id] do not seem to be being substituted if I use them.

Then I'm guessing you're using the wrong trigger and didn't make a copy of existing working notification system action then simply changed its type.

I cannot find the System Auto Action you describe of "CB Gallery - Comment Notification" , possible because I am using Auto Actions 7.0.0 as if I upgrade then some of my own auto actions do not seem to work.

Please be sure everything is up to date. You will of course not have latest system actions if out of date. Regarding some of your own actions no longer working you need to review them carefully as some behaviors have changed. We can help you understand why they're not working if you can provide what about them is not working. You can also debug auto actions individually by enabling debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then within your auto action under parameters enable debug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301111 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Notification of comments by PM or email
Thanks Kyle, this is working now

Can I use substitutions in the body of the PM such as the username of the commenter and perhaps a link to the gallery entry?

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

6 years 3 months ago #301113 by krileon

Can I use substitutions in the body of the PM such as the username of the commenter and perhaps a link to the gallery entry?

Yes, but as far as linking to a single media entry you can only do so by directly linking to the media it self using the below.

Fullsize:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgallery&action=item&id=MEDIA_ID_HERE

Thumbnail:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgallery&action=item&func=preview&id=MEDIA_ID_HERE

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoaoTapuia

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn