[SOLVED] Profile update doesn't save

6 years 1 month ago #302139 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Profile update doesn't save
I see, so I hid it incorrectly, got it. I can see the changes you did, strange error message for it :-) I'll implement it on the mainsite, and see what happens.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302143 by fribse2011

krileon wrote: Please take a look at your test site where I've reconfigured both tabs. I've disabled their CB Privacy edit display usages and configured all their fields not to display in profile edit. I've moved the params field off of HiddenFromUsers. Everything appears to be working fine now.

So
1) Reconfigure tabs to not have Privacy
2) Move Params field to 'Adgang'
3) Changed Params field to Show on Profile Edit
4) Changed fields to 'do not show on edit' on the two 'Hidden' tabs.
5) Removed the Privacy settings on the fields on the two 'Hidden' tabs.

Is that it? On the test site I had removed almost all privacy settings during testing, and that saves the info.
Currently I don't see the error on the 'live' site, but it doesn't currently save the setings either.
I'm going to create a new clone for the test site.

Best regards
Fribse

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302144 by fribse2011
I've created a new clone for testing.
It seems that as soon as I have the privacy settings set up for the fields I've chosen, it doesn't save the profile.
I have 19 fields with privacy settings of different kinds.
Shall I pm you the field names if you want to have a look?

I've tried removing the 'edit' limits (ie. CB mod only and Bestyrelse only), and that makes it save.
So something is off in the privacy plugin.

I've only changed the edit limits on the live site, not on the test site if you want to dig into it.

Best regards
Fribse

6 years 1 month ago #302184 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile update doesn't save
When a field is removed from edit access its purged from the fields array during edit store processing. You need to avoid doing this against core fields like Name, Username, Formatname, Email, Params, etc.. This is why your test site was throwing errors and would not save. You need to be careful with what you block access to. CB Privacy can't prevent bad configurations without blocking possible usecases.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302186 by fribse2011
I see, so all fields without the cb_ in front of it, which is of course the ones created by myself, are core fields, and can't have privacy edit settings in it, but they can be on a hidden tab, and marked to not show up on edit?

Best regards
Fribse

6 years 1 month ago #302192 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Profile update doesn't save
More or less, yes that's the case. It really depends on what the field is though. The params field for example has to be shown on profile edit as it contains a workaround for Joomla params being infinitely json encoded (we will be moving this to our user object so you won't be forced to use the params field in a later release). You can hide these fields all you like on profile view of course as that has no impact on storage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn