[SOLVED] Configuring a Country field with CB Query field plugin

6 years 1 month ago #302031 by mz
Hi,

1. Excellent. Thanks.

2. Ok thanks, missed that it was an add-on. Now installed. The Update On functionality works well in the profile edit view but it does not seem to work in the search feature for user list. So I enabled the Update On functionality in CB Query field again. So now it updates on both places. But that should not be this way I understand. What am I missing?

3. Ok, thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302039 by krileon
It not working in userlist search would be a bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7033

New CB Core Fields Ajax build should be available now with this fixed. Be sure to only use 1 Update On functionality as they will conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302070 by mz
Working well now at both profile edit and list search, thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 1 month ago #302108 by mz
Hi again,

I just noticed two issues with the Update On functionality:

1. When I make the "continent" selection, the countries list does not appear or get collected from the db in two cases. In these two cases the country count is count a = 237, count b = 136. Count 41 and lower are ok. Cant find any other differences than a high count. Is there any count limits as it is now?

2. If I try to make continet/country selection changes in the backend cb user management, the Update On functionality seems to be malfunctioning. It respons - This functionality is currently disabled. Please check?

Thanks.

6 years 1 month ago #302125 by krileon

1. When I make the "continent" selection, the countries list does not appear or get collected from the db in two cases. In these two cases the country count is count a = 237, count b = 136. Count 41 and lower are ok. Cant find any other differences than a high count. Is there any count limits as it is now?

There is no limits being applied. Again, what is output is 100% controlled by the SQL you supplied to it.

2. If I try to make continet/country selection changes in the backend cb user management, the Update On functionality seems to be malfunctioning. It respons - This functionality is currently disabled. Please check?

That's due to the below CB bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6796

To workaround the issue set "Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles" to at least "Super Administrators Only" within CB > Configuration > Moderation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302128 by mz
Hi,

There is no limits being applied. Again, what is output is 100% controlled by the SQL you supplied to it. '

MZ: Ok. But please help me on the following?

a. Everything is picked perfectly from the db with following SQL:
SELECT `countries` FROM `countrytable` WHERE `continent` = '[cb_continent]' ORDER BY country

b. Two of the country lists are not picked from the db with following SQL:
SELECT `countries` FROM `countrytable` WHERE FIND_IN_SET( `continent`, REPLACE( '[cb_continent]', '|*|', ',' ) ) > 0 ORDER BY countries

2. Thanks, that solved it.

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn