Access Denied when updating a super users profile.

6 years 1 month ago #302050 by linskill
No, its the same for all users. As a superuser I can edit in the backend so its not the end of the world. ( I have just checked that all is OK)
I have no idea what the problem is.
Cheers
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302057 by krileon
Strange, could just be a menu access issue maybe. Do you have a Joomla menu item to CBs profile edit page? If not try creating one with its access set to Registered and see if that resolves it. If you do have one ensure it's accessible to super users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302061 by linskill
Yes i have an menu (registered access) within the user menu (registered access). As far as I can tell it is working as it should. It must be accessable to superusers or I would not be able to access the profile to attempt to update it..
Cheers
Mark

6 years 1 month ago #302064 by linskill
In an effort to try to nail this down I have just created a new user. and a new menu item Editing the profile works fine untill that user is assigned as a superuser, then we get the access denied on update.
I have even set the new menu to superuser access and still the same result.

I have got no idea. I was wondering if anybody else has a similar problem?
Cheers
Mark

6 years 1 month ago #302078 by krileon
Disable all Joomla User plugins within Extensions > Plugins except for "User - Joomla!" and see if that helps as could be a 3rd party extension acting on the Joomla store behavior causing a conflict. If issue persists repeat the process with 3rd party Joomla System plugins. If issue still persists repeat with non-core CB plugins within CB > Plugin Management. This will help find a conflict if there is one.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn