[#7086] CB Code Field Issue

6 years 2 weeks ago #303039 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Code Field Issue
Ok, there might be a bug then as it's supposed to grab all the field values of the selected fields in Update On when one of them changes. Sounds like it's only grabbing the value of the one changed. Added bug ticket to investigate further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7086

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bascherz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303041 by krileon
Ok, was able to find and fix the cause. I setup 2 code checkbox fields matching your usage and confirmed works fine now. Please update CB Core Fields Ajax to latest released build.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, bascherz

6 years 1 week ago #303064 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic CB Code Field Issue
Yes, the Ajax now works as it should.You found that fast! (thanks). However, the other problem I mentioned still prevails That is when a new checkbox appears using this technique and it's checked and then the profile is saved, the fact that the selection is checked is not saved. I looked in the database afterwards and I don't see any selection stored in the codemulticheckbox field. If I then go back and edit the profile again and check the box that appeared during the previous edit and update again, then the selection gets saved to the database. I am wondering if there is something else needed in the PHP code that returns the options list or if perhaps there's another bug.

This is turning out to be a pretty good test for this field type! :)

6 years 1 week ago #303069 by krileon
Yeah that could be an issue on the PHP side of things when it's validating the options available. That in theory should work fine since though. Will give that a test as well and see if I can find any issues with the PHP side.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 1 week ago #303070 by krileon
Ok, looks like the storage for a code select fieldtype needs to happen later in the process as the other field values haven't been bound yet or there needs to be further improvements to the got that grabs the available dropdown options to handle the POST data better. Reviewing implementing a fix that should be available later today.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 1 week ago #303072 by krileon
Ok, issue was present in both CB Code Field and CB Query Field. Now fixed in both. New builds should be available now. It should now properly parse the post data same as when CB Core Fields Ajax does its Update On.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn