[#7080] CB ProfileBook - how to disable email and onsite notification to user ?

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #302951 by cbertrand
Hi,
I know my question is a bit weird, but how can I disable notifications (email and/or on site) to User#1 when User#2 writes a message on the Profile Wall Tab in the User#1 profile (enable with CB ProfileBook)?

Why : I have a "Company group' and a "Client group".
I use the Profile Wall Tab in order for the members of the "Company group" to add (private) comments on Clients.
User1 is in Client
User2 is in Company
On the client's profile page for User1 I want User2 (Company member) to be able to write on the User1 Profile Wall without any notification to User1
(and off course, the Profile Wall Tab can only be seen by members of the Company group).

Thanks for the help

PS : I precise that right now the Field "cb_pb_notifyme_wall" is disabled.
But when User2 writes on Profile Wall tab of User1, User1 still gest the email notification that User2 "has posted on your wall. "

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #302962 by krileon

I know my question is a bit weird, but how can I disable notifications (email and/or on site) to User#1 when User#2 writes a message on the Profile Wall Tab in the User#1 profile (enable with CB ProfileBook)?

It's per user basis using the "cb_pb_notifyme_wall" field. Under the "ProfileWall" tab in profile edit set "Notify Me" to "No" and you should stop receiving notifications. Believe it should've defaulted to "No".

PS : I precise that right now the Field "cb_pb_notifyme_wall" is disabled.
But when User2 writes on Profile Wall tab of User1, User1 still gest the email notification that User2 "has posted on your wall. "

That'd be a bug then as the default wouldn't be working in that case. Have added a bug ticket to take a look.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7080

Note you can use CB Activity for what you're doing. Using either an Activity or Comment field to have full stream functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbertrand

6 years 2 weeks ago #302965 by krileon
Ok, should be fixed in latest build. Added defaults to the code and changed the notification check to explicitly expect the field to be set to Yes. So should prevent it still sending even though you're not using the field (unless their profile saved with it set to Yes).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 weeks ago #302970 by cbertrand
ok
You mean in this build : ps_cbprofilebook_3.0.0+build.2018.03.13.15.01.57.cea424d26.zip ?

6 years 2 weeks ago #302972 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn