[SOLVED] Cannot find source of an unwanted front end registration page

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 week ago #303088 by ASAAavart
I do not want front end user registration to be permitted. All new users are to be created in the back end by administration. There seems to be a registration page that I cannot find, but that potential hackers find to fill out and submit to request member-only website access. Because the CB Configuration [CB Core] / Registration page setting for Admin Approval requirement is set to YES, I can block the users from gaining access to our members-only site. I would prefer that people not be able to create a registration request via the front end at all. Where can I find and disable the source that is automatically making the front end registration possible for them to use? As recommended, the CB setting "Allow User Registration" is set to [Yes, Independent of CMS 'allow registration']. I have tried to set the Joomla and K2 settings to prohibit front end registration. The unwanted hacker registrations still occur.

Using CB v 2.1.4 and Joomla v 3.8.6 and K2 v 2.6.9

Thank you,
Kristin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #303090 by nant

ASAAavart wrote: As recommended, the CB setting "Allow User Registration" is set to [Yes, Independent of CMS 'allow registration']. I have tried to set the Joomla and K2 settings to prohibit front end registration. The unwanted hacker registrations still occur.

Using CB v 2.1.4 and Joomla v 3.8.6 and K2 v 2.6.9

Thank you,
Kristin

Set CB setting to Same as CMS and then turn off Joomla registration

6 years 1 week ago #303541 by ASAAavart
Thank you,
Kristin
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds