[#7091] Required field alert on moving out of field

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #303089 by phredcg
I apologize if this has been asked already, but I could not find anything about this anywhere.

When watching a couple of the tutorials, I noticed that there was an alert/error message at the field level in red if a required field was not filled in. On the websites where I am using community builder, there is only a warning that a field is required upon clicking the final registration button.

Having that alert if a field is clicked in and then left without filling it in would be very helpful. Is there a configuration setting for this, or is that done through one of the plugins.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #303125 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Required field alert on moving out of field
That should already be the case, but seams to be some sort of odd issue with jQuery Validate not becoming active until the form is in use. You have to add text, select a different input, now remove your text, and then select a different input and it'll throw the required error. Same behavior seen in CB can be seen on jQuery Validate demo page below.

jqueryvalidation.org/files/demo/

Not sure what the cause is or solution, but will check their github to see if it has been reported yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #303127 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Required field alert on moving out of field
Ok, checked jQuery Validate github and it's indeed a bug already reported. Can find the report below.

github.com/jquery-validation/jquery-validation/issues/1975

Looks like a workaround is to trigger validation on initial view, which isn't exactly ideal. We'll either wait for it to be fixed in jQuery Validate or try to find a better workaround.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7091

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phredcg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn