Facebook Login: FB does not accept any page for redirect

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #303099 by pdeleeuw
Hi
I have now updated Joomla, CB core and CBconnect in order to fix the troubles with FB-Login.

I cannot fix it though, and need your help.
It does not matter witch URL I set as redirect, and in how many formats the URL is written into the FB API as accepted OAth Redirect URLs.
The Login with the FB button creates a FB-Error saying that the URL is not accepted.

Are there any experiences with this problem out there??

EDIT: There is a field in the CB Connect Plugin called "Callback URL"; not editable. I think the field was editable earlier; at least I have an entry in the field, which I cannot change any more. There is an URL there. Can that be the problem?

Best regards
Peter

my homepage: www.damenbasketball.org

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #303101 by pdeleeuw
I found the reason: I had an entry saying Callback URL = damenbasketball.org/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/endpoint.php?provider=facebook
I included this URL in the FB API OAuth Redirect URLs and that was obviously what the system needed.

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #303102 by pdeleeuw
Suddenly it again doesnt work.

the facebook-url for error is
www.facebook.com/v2.8/dialog/oauth?client_id=911478082271392&state=5aae606291568&scope=public_profile%2Cemail&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.damenbasketball.org%2Fcomponents%2Fcom_comprofiler%2Fplugin%2Fuser%2Fplug_cbconnect%2Fendpoint.php%3Fprovider%3Dfacebook

Does anyone know what it could mean?

best regards
Peter

EDIT: sorry, found the issue immediately myself, but for others struggeling: one really need to add all possible writings, like with and whithout "www", with and whithout "index.php" etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mduda

6 years 1 month ago #303131 by krileon
You can typically avoid the with and without www issue by specifying an app domain in your applications settings on the Basic page. The URL provided by CB Connect is just your as is URL. It can't know what all variants you maybe using so be sure to supply all of them as necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn