forgot login does not send email

5 years 11 months ago #303508 by Marcobbay
forgot login does not send email was created by Marcobbay
I tried a few different users, I checked the spam folder... I´m not receiving the reset login email.
How can I debug this problem? where do I look?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #303520 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic forgot login does not send email
Within CB > User Management select your test user that isn't receiving the forgot login email and click Mass Mailer. Now send them an email from there and see if it arrives. This will help see if emails are working in general.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #303547 by Marcobbay
Replied by Marcobbay on topic forgot login does not send email
I did receive the tests (mass mailer option) almost right away but I still didn´t receive the reset email :-(

5 years 11 months ago #303572 by krileon
Strange, it's the same API so shouldn't really matter what the email is. Did you override the forgot login email subject or body using language overrides in CB? Is the from address set correctly in CB > Configuration > Registration (should be empty to use whatever is set in Joomla or be a valid email address from your mail server)? If you are trying to use forgot login for a Super User then Joomla will block doing so entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #303587 by Marcobbay
Replied by Marcobbay on topic forgot login does not send email
This is how we have it here:

- Joomdonation Membership Pro extension is doing the sign up and adding the user to categories according to membership level

- Before we had the native joomla login form available, I replaced that with CB login form

- So we have Membership Pro adding users to joomla user table and CB will get the login info from there to send to user, right?

Please see attachment with CB registration settings.

Thanks,

Attachments:

5 years 11 months ago #303613 by krileon

- So we have Membership Pro adding users to joomla user table and CB will get the login info from there to send to user, right?

No, you've membership pro registering them to Joomla and not CB. They don't exist in CB and is likely why forgot login does not work. Run User Synchronization within CB > Tools then retest forgot login as it will probably work after forcing a synchronization. Membership pro will need to use CB API for creating a user if it's to integrate with CB otherwise your install will constantly be out of sync.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn